• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 16th - February 17th Snow/Ice Storm OBS

superjames1992

One more picture from before the power went out. That's what's so scary, I haven't been able to see how much worse things are now due to it being pitch black but the reports on WSB radio are crazy, and the rain just kept coming. Isn't it supposed to start getting windy soon? That would be disaster with the trees like this up here.

post-2082-0-02503400-1424150637_thumb.jp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after all this I have about 1/2 inch of sleet and a bit of freezing rain. Still a bit more on the way but it never really cranked up here. Steady but light all evening. Not complaining though. I avoided the tree cracking fz so I'm good.

Precip finally about to end! After about 12 hours straight of light to heavy precip, I have about 11/2.-2 inches of sleet with a zr crust! I got more sleet than Jbuns, I wish I could have had your temps tho, with this moisture! Zr+ to end the precip, will be over by 1am

One more picture from before the power went out. That's what's so scary, I haven't been able to see how much worse things are now due to it being pitch black but the reports on WSB radio are crazy, and the rain just kept coming. Isn't it supposed to start getting windy soon? That would be disaster with the trees like this up here.

should be over very soon for you and i

Well the last band of precip is pivoting through here. I wound up with about 1.5 inches of sleet followed by about 1/4 inch of freezing rain. My temp bottomed out at 28.3 and had risen to only 31.7 at the time the last bit of precip moved out. 

Now that's what I call an over performing winter storm!

Well the last band of precip is pivoting through here. I wound up with about 1.5 inches of sleet followed by about 1/4 inch of freezing rain. My temp bottomed out at 28.3 and had risen to only 31.7 at the time the last bit of precip moved out.

Now that's what I call an over performing winter storm!

I would even say way over performing lol

Freezing rain in Virginia Beach too. Do you think we stay below freezing?  That's quite a lot of moisture downstream.

I think we are okay to stay below freezing.. I just didn't think we were going to switch over this early. Also I was hoping for at least a little sleet before the freezing rain, I didn't see any. (im sure there was a brief mixing, but all i saw was snow to freezing rain).

It's just about over here in High Point. Officially at KGSO we had 0.44" at the 1am report and I can't really imagine we'll make 0.50" with what is on radar. Between the very quick changeover to sleet and low QPF we definitely under performed but such is winter storms in the south.

Damn, I am surprised we only ended up with that much.  If you averaged the models together, we had an average of around 0.7-0.8".  Even the worst models were 0.5"+.  Oh, well, we suck at winter and it's to be expected.

We had good sleet rates here, but nothing especially heavy for the most part.  Looks like the grass is mostly covered, at least.

Damn, I am surprised we only ended up with that much.  If you averaged the models together, we had an average of around 0.7-0.8".  Even the worst models were 0.5"+.  Oh, well, we suck at winter and it's to be expected.

We had good sleet rates here, but nothing especially heavy for the most part.  Looks like the grass is mostly covered, at least.

Hey, we were getting blanked this winter, gotta start somewhere.....one more good little shot to go here......then we can focus on a little overperforming 1.5 incher on Wednesday (and dook getting taken down) and a hopeful bomb shot on the CMC for Saturday.  Let's roll!!!   15+ inches over a week with record cold...

Archived