Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 16th - February 17th Snow/Ice Storm OBS

superjames1992

James, you're making me nervous with your talks of sleet pellets. lol

17 degrees

mod snow

~2" accum

Still small flakes, but we've had a couple good bursts with bigger flakes.

We have changed over but Reidsville still has snow. You still have a buffer zone. We even had some sleet mixing in right at the start. I think we had just a relatively short period of all snow.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw my weather indicator under my avatar and it says 28*F. That means the temp gauge in my car is pretty accurate. Good to know. Quite a glaze of ice in Greenville county! I saw more downtown than I do in Simpsonville, but there is definitely a glaze on things down here as well. 

James, you're making me nervous with your talks of sleet pellets. lol

17 degrees

mod snow

~2" accum

Still small flakes, but we've had a couple good bursts with bigger flakes.

Sleet is getting awful close to me, Mocksville reporting sleet 2 counties below me. I'm sure I will at least mix if not go over to sleet here...

Wow this thing is really busting on the upside for my backyard. Down to 29.3 here with heavy sleet falling. The ground is turning white and everything is frozen outside. Judging by radar we are gonna get pummelled with about an inch of liquid over the next 4 or 5 hours. Awesome!!! :)

Good to know that sleet (hopefully) is coming, because I've got light rain (fzg rain) and 28. Need some sleet to prevent the start of ice buildup on the trees here. I'm sure the freezing rain will be here at some point tonight though...

33.2 now..  Dangerously close to freezing here at MGE.

Well, the CAD is finally overperforming here in NE Atlanta just like "the old days" :)  I see that FFC has added some counties to the  WWA, however, it wouldn't totally shock me if it turned into an ice storm warning.  We've been under moderate to heavy freezing rain for the last hour or so and the radar looks ridiculous.  We're now getting ice forming at ground level on the grass etc....tree branches here are already beginning to sag.....so we finally have ourselves an ice storm.  If the CAD holds throughout the rest of the precipitation, could be quite a sight tomorrow morning.

- Buck

Well, the CAD is finally overperforming here in NE Atlanta just like "the old days" :)  I see that FFC has added some counties to the  WWA, however, it wouldn't totally shock me if it turned into an ice storm warning.  We've been under moderate to heavy freezing rain for the last hour or so and the radar looks ridiculous.  We're now getting ice forming at ground level on the grass etc....tree branches here are already beginning to sag.....so we finally have ourselves an ice storm.  If the CAD holds throughout the rest of the precipitation, could be quite a sight tomorrow morning.

- Buck

I'm a bit concerned as I am 1 degree away from disaster but I have a feeling I will hold just above 31.9....  The NE part of the state is going to look amazing in the AM with temps in the mid 20's.

Archived