• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 16th - February 17th Snow/Ice Storm OBS

superjames1992

Nice. Sure is going to be interesting to see how surface temps respond through the evening since the models have done such a piss poor job of seeing the cold thus far.

another area that models like the nam said you had NO chance of seeing freezing temps. In fact the nam says you should be in the low 40s! Just 10 degrees off lol.

It sure would be fun if the models busted this badly all the time. i mean they normally miss it by 1 to 3 degrees in most cad situations but this is a lot more than usual. Question is, does this continue through the night or long enough to cause big problems in the areas that weren't expecting much.

If the surface low takes a further south track, the cold should stay locked in for many areas. Of course the models say no and have it track right over atlanta, just south of athens to columbia and floods the entire low levels with warm air. It's hard to see how this happens when the models are so wrong about the maginitude of the cold. It's going to be truly fascinating to see what happens. It's going to be a great learning experience either way. that's the good thing about wedges, each one is unique in it's own way and you learn something with each one.

And it was also forecasted for south-easterly winds here. This storm has been a real roller-coaster ride but like you say these CAD's are very complicated to forecast. That meso-high I think you had mentioned might have thrown a curve ball at the models.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got down to as low as 32.7 here in Dunwoody on ATL's northside a little while ago...mow at 33.0 It is almost as if a cold front came over the last 1-2 hours..in this case a wedge front. I wonder what that surface low is actually doing now.

Crashed to 35.0 now a 6 degree drop from a couple hours ago with a wind shift from SE to E.

Another temp bust to add to the list is Cumming. Haven't been over 32 all day with intermittent freezing rain. Temp briefly went to 31 but now back to 32 over 28. Wind is E at 12mph.

You on the South side? I am up between Highway 53 & 369.

Roof is getting a thin glaze of ice now. Shrubs in the front yard are now getting ice at ground level. The Leyland Cyprus on both side are getting coated as well.

kpol1Jb.jpg

Located on the corner of Forsyth/Cherokee/Fulton... high today was 33 and over the last hour we have dropped to 30.7.  It is raining but a light coating of ice is forming on anything metal and on the trees.  My forecast (according to wunderground) is for temps to rise over the next few hours.  Our winds are currently out of the NE or ENE. 

Archived