SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS: Snow/wind/cold Saturday-Sunday-Monday 2/14-16/2015

famartin

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that stuff down in MD and DC gets in there, you may be right. However, at the moment it looks like what's going on down there is robbing the dynamics to the north and killing the line up my way.

Wow this is just like a summer time thing... yes the energy down south is stunting the line coming in from the west ... only thing mising is the Delco split where a batch goes north and the southern batch takes over and hammers Delaware and South Jersey leaving Delco high and dry now I do not see that happening at this point. ... by the way there is like almost nothing left of that line 

... only thing mising is the Delco split where a batch goes north and the southern batch takes over and hammers Delaware and South Jersey 

Same thing happens up here (Tamaqua Split) during the summer. Line hits I-81, falls apart, then reforms and slams the Lehigh Valley.

If that stuff down in MD and DC gets in there, you may be right. However, at the moment it looks like what's going on down there is robbing the dynamics to the north and killing the line up my way.

Yup your right it looked like a nice area was headed right for Reading then poof it just broke up, meh should have known better this one will miss to the south

Radar coverage may be limiting how much of the convective line we see, its very low level so the more distant radars that currently cover it may not be getting a good sampling.

That said, there are definitely models suggesting that northwestern areas of the CWA get ripped off, so the idea of a "bust" in those places is not entirely out-of-line.

Archived