• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pure winter.  Light snow falling, -6F, winds sustained at 21mph, gusting to 30mph, wind chill of -30F.

KMVL 152254Z AUTO 32018G25KT 1 3/4SM -SN OVC026 M21/M27

Montpelier is -9F with gusts 35mph and wind chills of -35F.  1.5sm visibility in small arctic flakes that the ASOS thinks is unknown precip.

KMPV 152251Z AUTO 31018G29KT 1 1/2SM UP OVC021 M23/M27 A2986 AO2 PK WND 30030/2228

no way I'm calling it. This one just required more effort than normal to clean up. More than the last blizzard. Snowblower only good to a point. I can't snow low the end of my driveway as the banks are 6' high. Had to shovel more than I normally do.

I was just recalling how I felt after the firehose storm, you know the feeling, "well, I'm good now."

No end in sight though.

I was surprised at even the snow depths just north/west of you on CoCoRAHS were anywhere from 21-27".  That's about the same as VT east of the Spine, but I figured the foothills and western coastal plain spots would've been around 3 feet.  The highest snowpack in the state of Maine was literally on the coastline.  Very rare I'm sure to have the beaches with more snow than the foothill towns.

It is strange, But most of these larger event were to far east for the foothills and mountains and stayed pretty much all snow for the coast and coastal plain due to lack of taint

Had to knock the banks down some today.... Spread it out is actually more accurate. Just getting dangerous with 10 foot mounds at the end of the driveway.

Companies I heard are charging upwards of 1000,2000 dollars to clear roofs, just absurd and taking andvantage of people.

Good luck getting anythimg snow removal related right now

Do kids still shovel walks for folks?  When I was a kid ("back when I was a kid......."), we'd shovel our own walks/driveways and then walk down the street knocking on doors to shovel others.  We'd get like $5 bucks a house (one guy actually would give us $8) and make like $50 bucks a storm.  Big takings back in those days.

Of course, I used to walk down the road with my lawn mower when I was a kid and mowed peoples lawns, too.  $3-5.  Shoveling was way better money.

No..that is and should never be any snow lover's feeling. The more you get the more you want..Like se x

"Not that we needed that for one trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can." - Hunter Thompson.  This pretty much sums it up for the snow lover as well.

Archived