• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to bed now in Newport.  What a strange, peaceful lull this has been.  I'm not so certain we'll get hit hard tomorrow, but this is squeaky, picture perfect snow, and I took the opportunity to cross country ski to a friend who is liberal with the scotch.  Being that we are constantly screwed out of snow, we probably have the lowest total for all of RI, and only had heavy snow briefly at the beginning, and then as the band departed.

Fingers crossed more in hope than belief for the morning.  I expect things to be NE of us, but another 3 inches, and I can go cross country skiing again  :)

gMdujkhl.jpg

jIu7UZhl.jpg

Yjuxirrl.jpg

JXjKixCl.jpg

vfVnmFwl.jpg

Hmm, HRRR not very kind to GYX the rest of the night. After this mesolow pivots south it says our show is over except for the blowing and drifting.

Nice sucker hole over our house.

Pym south shouldn't complain. I went from 18-24" to probably no more than 6". Frustrating and disappointed. Can't imagine being a met and dealing with frcst.

Nice sucker hole over our house.

Pym south shouldn't complain. I went from 18-24" to probably no more than 6". Frustrating and disappointed. Can't imagine being a met and dealing with frcst.

It's pretty ugly north of Portland. I mean the Midcoast might even have it worse.

We just slashed totals again (sorry you'll see soon enough) and they still may be too high around here. We had 1.3" through 1 AM, and have a forecast of 4.8" total here. That might be tough to do.

Archived