• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

Only about 2" here. Imo we'll be lucky to see more than an additional inch out of this storm.

Sent from my iPhone

Yep, looking at current radar, IR, and Water Vapor loops...it looks like the energy is transferring to the DC are.  From there it will swing off the coast and head ENE.  Looks like the secondary will end up too far east for us in CT.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar seems to show much weaker than what's really happening here. It's coming down hard but the echos are not doing it justice.

I don't know what the radar shows, but I can confirm it's snowing pretty darn good right now.  No wind, good size flakes, and lots of them.  This is the kind of stuff that piles up with a quickness. 

It's pretty meh in Boston. Haven't gone to measure but I don't think there's more than 2 inches otg

You should go outside. It's coming down pretty nicely and increasing. I just finished about 45 minutes out with the dog and had plenty of snow on my hat...lol. Ramping up and I would be not surprised to have this first part verify 4-6 which is higher than forecast.

I don't know what the radar shows, but I can confirm it's snowing pretty darn good right now. No wind, good size flakes, and lots of them. This is the kind of stuff that piles up with a quickness.

Yeah it's definitely piling up pretty fast here. Wife and i just got back from VD dinner at a nearby restaurant and we've gotta be approaching somewhere around 3-4".

Archived