Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
This forum is dead!

wxman

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, kthnx. You can gladly go read that train wreck if you want. I'd much rather read a few posts an hour, then constant implosions like are going on in other regions.

No offense my good man, but you have more than 8000 posts all by yourself.  The whole point of a forum is the active exchange of ideas.  Forget NYC, look at New England or Mid-Atlantic.  Those forums have more activity in a single thread than we have on a whole page.  Half the posters here post and/or lurk in the NYC forum.  This place was way better with one combined forum.  However the naysayers are just more active.  My post received much more action in a short period than the two active storm threads combined.  The mods should look to make this board a better place, not just bend to the will of the few. 

The NYC forum consistently drives away mets. Earthlight was maybe the best poster on this entire site, but he finally had enough of all the weenies arguing over 144 hr rain/snow lines and he left. That place is a complete mess. Though this forum isn't very busy and I wish there were more activity, there's a solid group of poster IMO and not much bickering.

No offense my good man, but you have more than 8000 posts all by yourself. The whole point of a forum is the active exchange of ideas. Forget NYC, look at New England or Mid-Atlantic. Those forums have more activity in a single thread than we have on a whole page. Half the posters here post and/or lurk in the NYC forum. This place was way better with one combined forum. However the naysayers are just more active. My post received much more action in a short period than the two active storm threads combined. The mods should look to make this board a better place, not just bend to the will of the few.

This hasn't exactly been the next winter for this area. Do you expect people to go nuts when every single event has missed? The event tomorrow isn't about the snow, it's mostly about the cold and wind. We're expecting probably 1-3/2-4 at the most in our region. I don't blame not a lot of discussion. And next week? Who knows also. I'm sure if this had been a good winter for us, this forum would be a ton more active. My point is, I'd rather read good discussion, even if it's not constant, then that craphole that is NYC. Now I'm not talking about everyone up there, but it's awful telling when just about every met but forky, has been driven away.

No offense my good man, but you have more than 8000 posts all by yourself. The whole point of a forum is the active exchange of ideas. Forget NYC, look at New England or Mid-Atlantic. Those forums have more activity in a single thread than we have on a whole page. Half the posters here post and/or lurk in the NYC forum. This place was way better with one combined forum. However the naysayers are just more active. My post received much more action in a short period than the two active storm threads combined. The mods should look to make this board a better place, not just bend to the will of the few.

And that's another thing, who else wants to move into NYC's subforum? Not one person I've seen in months. So how are mods bending to the will of the few? Sounds like the majority here to me.

No offense my good man, but you have more than 8000 posts all by yourself.  The whole point of a forum is the active exchange of ideas.  Forget NYC, look at New England or Mid-Atlantic.  Those forums have more activity in a single thread than we have on a whole page.  Half the posters here post and/or lurk in the NYC forum.  This place was way better with one combined forum.  However the naysayers are just more active.  My post received much more action in a short period than the two active storm threads combined.  The mods should look to make this board a better place, not just bend to the will of the few. 

No offense my good man, but you have 306 posts in this forum and try and drag us into the NY Metro maelstrom.So go enjoy your more active forums. But I'll give you points on trolling.

No offense my good man, but you have 306 posts in this forum and try and drag us into the NY Metro maelstrom.So go enjoy your more active forums. But I'll give you points on trolling.

I post when I have something to say, about the wx.  I have NEVER seen you add any value to these forums, despite your 1200 posts.  I guess some people just like to hear themselves talk. It's rather funny really, you complain about the "NY Metro maelstrom" but then come into my thread and pick a fight with a neighbor for no reason.  This is BY far the most dismal whether sub forum I have ever seen, the Western sub forum gives this place a run for its money.  I'm just trying to improve this board, but you guys can keep it just the way it is, but you Harbourton, stay the hell off the NY board, I'm pretty sure I see YOU lurking there all the time. 

It also tells you something that my stupid, off-the-cuff opinion post has more activity than posts about the storm upcoming. And, I can also laugh about the mets driven from this forum, wasn't there some guy from Ringoes who used to post here all the time?

If it's bugging you so much that there are few posts then stay out. Why do you even care? Keep your stupid posts to yourself. Thanks.

yawn.....I do go for entertainment to the NYC forum but please....if interested in weather this place is much better

How so?  You seem like a great guy and I love your enthusiasm but how many people care what your weather model prints out for your backyard (literally), which constitute the bulk of your posts?  If we could get some real mets to post about real weather (rather than nonsense about gardening and golf in the heart of the winter) I'd be all for it.  That said, Ray is the only real met who devotes any time to this forum, and he deserves a much wider audience, not to mention a seat in Mt. Holly. 

wxman

I post concurrently on both sites (as does Ray and many other folks here) so this nice combo of the 2 gives me all the weather info I need....no offense intended in your posting in NYC thread as they are much more entertaining in a non- weather way than here.....but again for real weather info I prefer these 2 local great sites.

How so?  You seem like a great guy and I love your enthusiasm but how many people care what your weather model prints out for your backyard (literally), which constitute the bulk of your posts?  If we could get some real mets to post about real weather (rather than nonsense about gardening and golf in the heart of the winter) I'd be all for it.  That said, Ray is the only real met who devotes any time to this forum, and he deserves a much wider audience, not to mention a seat in Mt. Holly. 

That can be found here and also in the other forums...not a fan of the "clique" over there.

Please identify the 4 or 5, there's M.Gaines and Ray.  Who else?  For some reason the other mets that post hear don't like to talk about current weather and forecasts... at least not in the same way as NY, DC and NE.

wxman

I post concurrently on both sites (as does Ray and many other folks here) so this nice combo of the 2 gives me all the weather info I need....no offense intended in your posting in NYC thread as they are much more entertaining in a non- weather way than here.....but again for real weather info I prefer these 2 local great sites.

This place would be a paradise if we had mets in here, or even amateurs like Tombo, who actively and regularly posted, but alas we do not. That's why I suggested reunification...but I honestly think we drove off the majority of the old board....I seem to recall a relatively close call in past reunification efforts, but now it seems that only the rebels are left.  I do respect your opinion though.  

That said, Ray is the only real met who devotes any time to this forum, and he deserves a much wider audience, not to mention a seat in Mt. Holly. 

On this I will agree with you. I can't wait for the day Ray can get transferred to Mt Holly. I think he would be a great asset to that office. As for here, most of us regulars do put a lot of stock in what Ray has to say. He knows his stuff and the area and is a great asset to the forum as well.

On this I will agree with you. I can't wait for the day Ray can get transferred to Mt Holly. I think he would be a great asset to that office. As for here, most of us regulars do put a lot of stock in what Ray has to say. He knows his stuff and the area and is a great asset to the forum as well.

The best, agreed.

There are a few posters in the NY forum (also the mets of course) who I enjoy reading.  There are many more I have on ignore. The NE forum has a lot of good mets posting and I lurk there quite a lot. I look at a lot of maps from the NWS and elsewhere to determine the progress of possible storms so I often use the mets analysis to interpret what may cause run to run changes and what the changes may mean down the line.  If there were more mets posting here I probably wouldn't bother with the other forums. For the most part the NY forum is a complete horror show.  The mid-atlantic forum is just plain fun to read.

I don't see why people like pbp so much unless calling up maps is difficult or slow on mobile devices.  I don't have a smartphone so I use my home computer.

Anyway I think there are a lot of good posters in this forum and I especially find the obs threads enjoyable and useful.

Ray,  I really am rooting for you to get assigned to Mt. Holly.

Archived