Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA & The Fringes - Mid-Winter 14/15

PennMan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shut up and take it to the MA forum. :)

Lol! I know. This area is no mans land. Pa cold, MA moisture. People in the MA hate us because we cash in on their marginal temp events. My Pa brothers who are fringed have the cold but miss the precip. This year though has been a snow desert here so one nice event isn't too annoying.

Close but not yet. 10"+ in spots and still snowing. High country in VA has a few spots over 12". Highest I heard was 18" in Blue Ridge towards VA/WV border

Yea amounts like that were what I was mentioning about yesterday when I said there could be some surprises amount wise with the system having a bit of a convective element to it when it was developing. Of course I thought that region was going to safely be in PA somewhere but it ended up in Northern MD/Northern VA. The more this winter wears on the more it reminds me of last winter. Difficult storms, cold air exercising it's muscle, storm track going more south as we're getting late in the season. Hopefully our March doesn't end up with a cold shutout like last year. 

Hopefully our March doesn't end up with a cold shutout like last year. 

Hopefully our March sees an early pattern change and we have one similar to the one we had in 2012. I am so sick of this winter.

Looking at the radar, any attempt for better snow to get here keeps getting thwarted, and beyond that never ending dryslot/snowhole, it appears the back edge is racing eastward out of Ohio and into Pennsylvania. Time is running out, and unless somehow the radar fills in and we can get to the 6 inches that was originally forecasted for here, any additional snow just adds insult to injury. I am beyond tired of 1-2 inch pixie dust snow "storms".

Hopefully our March sees an early pattern change and we have one similar to the one we had in 2012. I am so sick of this winter.

Looking at the radar, any attempt for better snow to get here keeps getting thwarted, and beyond that never ending dryslot/snowhole, it appears the back edge is racing eastward out of Ohio and into Pennsylvania. Time is running out, and unless somehow the radar fills in and we can get to the 6 inches that was originally forecasted for here, any additional snow just adds insult to injury. I am beyond tired of 1-2 inch pixie dust snow "storms".

This...all of this!

Lol! I know. This area is no mans land. Pa cold, MA moisture. People in the MA hate us because we cash in on their marginal temp events. My Pa brothers who are fringed have the cold but miss the precip. This year though has been a snow desert here so one nice event isn't too annoying.

I'm glad to see you finally score on one this season.

More moderate snow starting to press into the I-99 corridor. Measured about 1.9" for a snow total thus far. I do think 4" or so is still attainable around here.

Archived