SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... nice big flakes indeed.  We're under the same intensity on radar and have been for quite a while... I don't get the difference between here and there.  Visibility is comfortably over a mile here.

How have the echoes been just to your N-NE? That's what will be drifting to you below the beam. I'm about 6kft below the 0.5deg scan here which is quite a bit. I probably want my yellow pixels showing up over Sanbornton.

What a bust up here wow

When I saw that, I was feeling so bad for you.  It looked to be setting up so well and then it was like there was a wall right through Portland.  Just down the coast Kennebunk was in double figures last evening.  Sorry man, but plenty of time to capitalize.  GYX didn't seem to excited about Tuesday or the weekend, but that can change.

When I saw that, I was feeling so bad for you.  It looked to be setting up so well and then it was like there was a wall right through Portland.  Just down the coast Kennebunk was in double figures last evening.  Sorry man, but plenty of time to capitalize.  GYX didn't seem to excited about Tuesday or the weekend, but that can change.

Well thats how it goes, Plenty of snow here as i was out all day riding so just briefly was looking at things on my phone, But it was not looking to good as models were sucker holing this area from about 12z on yesterday, I'm not very gung ho on anything up here this week as far as another event either right now

Here is a fun radar reflectivity loop... The snow band from last night pivoted offshore and came back inland with a vengeance this morning! Definitely one of the more unique precipitation evolutions I've seen. 

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/lb13_img/special/20150215/KBOS_20150215.gif

Well thats how it goes, Plenty of snow here as i was out all day riding so just briefly was looking at things on my phone, But it was not looking to good as models were sucker holing this area from about 12z on yesterday, I'm not very gung ho on anything up here this week as far as another event either right now

how are the trails out your way? i was riding in CNH yesterday. Off trail depth was just over knee deep, so around 24". Plenty of snow on the trails, but it is very low moisture stuff, easy to plow through corners. need some moisture in the pack to solidify the trails, but that doesn't look to happen anytime soon

Here is a fun radar reflectivity loop... The snow band from last night pivoted offshore and came back inland with a vengeance this morning! Definitely one of the more unique precipitation evolutions I've seen. 

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/lb13_img/special/20150215/KBOS_20150215.gif

That's really cool. That shows the capture perfectly

how are the trails out your way? i was riding in CNH yesterday. Off trail depth was just over knee deep, so around 24". Plenty of snow on the trails, but it is very low moisture stuff, easy to plow through corners. need some moisture in the pack to solidify the trails, but that doesn't look to happen anytime soon

More down this way, Its 24-36" plus but no base as well,  Trails are fine but if you get off you go right to the bottom,  We could use a milder system to come thru but not looking like its going to be this week

More down this way, Its 24-36" plus but no base as well,  Trails are fine but if you get off you go right to the bottom,  We could use a milder system to come thru but not looking like its going to be this week

pure fluff. looks tremendous, but is sub-optimal for riding. however any riding is better than no riding. i would love to head out today, but between the wind and blowing snow, and the temp drop, i think i will hang indoors. i think it is safe to say we have several more weeks of riding ahead of us.

Nice that's one for the archives

Archived