joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.2 of qpf... thats heaven especially with the higher ratios.

I never thought that I'd say this, at least short of being placed in a straight jacket and some depends, but Boston may have a crack @ a 50" snow depth. 

"In a season of improbables, the impossible has happened".

Perhaps Vin missed his calling?

-5.4/-12

I never thought that I'd say this, at least short of being placed in a straight jacket and some depends, but Boston may have a crack @ a 50" snow depth. 

"In a season of improbables, the impossible has happened".

Perhaps Vin missed his calling?

-5.4/-12

Great call by Jack Buck as well.  Yankee announcer Bill White was in radio booth with Buck. 

Loving the coastal front I'm seeing on the latest guidance. Just not sure it'll be able to push precip as far west as with the last event, since there is a much stronger ageostrophic component to this event with a NW flow in inland areas. Regardless it should be able to enhance lift and snowfall for E MA with the NE fetch before winds turn due northerly. 

1:09pm Friday:

Damn dual-low structure again with inverted trough in wake of western-most low... GGEM / RGEM / Euro all have this

Too much momentum with this trough, not enough downstream ridging, not enough latitude for surface low to get its act together, baroclinicity too far east... several flies in the oinment. GFS will either have it's coup of the season or will live up to its stereotype.

Celebrating Valentine's 1 day early FTL . . .

One of the more suspenseful model standoffs in a long time, and missed out on this awesome thread discussion.

Great stuff guys. Pretty incredible trends tonight... and if this unfolds as it's trending, particularly 6z NAM, what a coup for the GFS / Harv / NWS / good ol' fashion Wranglers!

Loving the coastal front I'm seeing on the latest guidance. Just not sure it'll be able to push precip as far west as with the last event, since there is a much stronger ageostrophic component to this event with a NW flow in inland areas. Regardless it should be able to enhance lift and snowfall for E MA with the NE fetch before winds turn due northerly. 

?

Doug, it was confined to the immediate n sore, Boston and s shore.

Didn't penetrate inland.

Archived