Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hires GFS jackpots SW ME. lol

Well I said gfs not hires...compare the 66 vs 72 see the difference?

For those hugging the snowiest solution while pounding their pumpkins to the mid levels.... I said beginning as in first step to eventually ending up like a turtle on its back.

Maine will be fine, but this will end up being a .4 to .7 or so qpf deal in eastern MA.

Why all the negativity?  An off run, where have we seen the EURO and other models go sour within 48 hours.  We have a Manitoba Mauler H5 low moving through the northern stream flow and amplifying south of the region, we are going to get dumped on and Cape Cod will be the secondary jackpot other than the coast of ME.  Hurricane force wind gusts are coming and so is 14-18" for the Outer Cape.

One thing I'll say is that with the exception of a tick back at 12z, the GFS has consistently been moving in this direction, unlike others that IIRC seemed to waiver to-and-fro.

Disappointed by the RGEM bailing, but I'm heartened to see the GFS holding strong.  Or, going down the ship.  We'll see.

6.1/-11

Well we wait until 0z.

The Boston yetti was just spotted in tears at Doyle's. He saw the 18z rgem.

Of course we wait, but this one is trending steadily to a windy pedestrian event. The gfs just made a euro esque move...most would miss the negative tick it made because of some "positives" and then tonight it'll do the magic carpet ride on totals.

I bet no stations verify a blizzard in MA. Maybe I'm wrong

Of course we wait, but this one is trending steadily to a windy pedestrian event. The gfs just made a euro esque move...most would miss the negative tick it made because of some "positives" and then tonight it'll do the magic carpet ride on totals.

I'm still waiting for the explanation on the negative tick, trying to understand what i missed.

Yeah obviously red flags are thrown when you are on an island by yourself. But, even if the other guidance came west and the gfs east, it does matter. 

If GFS ends up being correct or more correct here, especially after the Blizzard of 2015 mess in NYC, I seriously think the Euro's Kingship needs to be put on probation

No $hit. People bash the GFS all the time and I've only seen good results from it lately, in winter.. Look all year long, too. I think EURO only looks good cause it finesses stuff slowly, but never drops balls on a solution out over time. Typical Europeans. The Neville Chamberlain model recently.

Archived