SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what its worth we are almost all sleet here even and I am kinda far east lol...its sleeting its ass off in fact.

Yea that's surprising, but i'm not sure you're out of the woods yet haha...I think areas around southeast wake towards your area will eventually chg to zr overnight at some point.

Yea that's surprising, but i'm not sure you're out of the woods yet haha...I think areas around southeast wake towards your area will eventually chg to zr overnight at some point.

Radar loop is pretty crazy lots of serious returns still to comes....hrs worth as a matter of fact....if it does go zr someone still stands to get .50" possibly.

Still sleeting. Looks like one last solid batch south of the Triad heading this way. I'm hoping it'll be enough to actually cover the grass, but probably not.

I wonder if there'll be any precip left by the time it changes over to ZR? Probably just enough for a glaze to seal up the sleetpack.

PDS II had temps in the low 20s with a ton of sleet. Same with Supercad in 2004, with temps around 20. We also got about 3-4" of snow before the changeover to sleet with that one.

I was going by Falls' temp of 16.9...but you're right, he would have been that low in the other examples you give here if Raleigh is around 20 now

The GFS absolutely took the Euro to the woodshed with the SLP track, the GFS never waffled at day 4 on in.  Compare the GFS at day 4 to the Euro at 48 hours out.  The GFS held this look too, which was very close to the final outcome.   Other than that, the RGEM was great inside 36 hours and the HRRR was good inside 12 hours.  The Euro has been really sucktastic this year.

post-2311-0-34402200-1424178335_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-13987300-1424178341_thumb.pn

Archived