SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that unlike many snowmaps the ones from Eurowx does not include mixed precip.  They also have frzr maps.

I'm not talking freezing rain..there isn't that much liquid precip over tn (0.50 liquid total) and it's certainly cold enough for snow further south than that map shoes. marrietta's map is much closer to reality..

Indeed.

12z euro looks awfully similar to the 0z run through 84 hours. at 84 hours, snow across all of north ga and the western carolinas. very similar amounts. it might be a hair further south but not much.

agreed, its a hair south this run....WE might** do very well by 00z WED.  nice .25" qpf 850s are on the line and near 35 at 2m   probably rain here, but I actually think *outside of monday*  ATL to GSP and maybe MCN and CAE has the best overall shot with the most QPF.  Now MCN And CAE by far are the warmest, and will more than likely be just mostly rain, especially here in MCN.  However, there will be a sweet spot that the biggest qpf and the coldest air meet.  TN gets hit pretty dang good on Monday.  That spreads into WNC and they get some, but its less than TN.  I-20 looks maybe some IP/ZR for sure in Bama.  HSV looks like SN to maybe some IP/ZR on Monday, then its over up there.  They don't get in on the 2nd wave.  In fact, BHM doesn't either really.  

I'm not talking freezing rain..there isn't that much liquid precip over tn (0.50 liquid total) and it's certainly cold enough for snow further south than that map shoes. marrietta's map is much closer to reality..

EuroWx is fairly stingy with what is snow v/s ice.  Also, takes into account ratio's, I thought.

Isn't he showing the 0z run? Looks like it.

yeah....didn't notice that..still doesn't look right even there because those totals look way over done in tn and underdone in other areas. i rarely use/look at snow maps in general because they suck anyway so it's no big deal.

Post the 120hr map, I bet eastern NC get's hammered with a foot.  Looks like central has the precip min, LOL.

Much improved run, very close to being bigger, I like where it's at.

Still, 3-4.5 in Wake is nothing to turn our noses up at. Like you said, it's something.

Yep.  Sorry.  I deleted the map.

All good, it happens!

pack,  That euro snowfall map almost looks like a miller b with reformation off the coast given high totals in Tn and then in E-NC

No, there is some overrunning with a wave that forms on a front it looks like, then the eastern NC/SC/GA get plastered with the coastal.  This is very similar to last Feb's storm.

Hopefully someone corrects me if I am wrong.

The Euro was that close to a big time coastal.

Archived