joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 17-18 Event

moneypitmike

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be pretty funny the pattern flips soon and we go high and dry rest of winter. Early spring to boot. Possible?

I don't see early Spring at all right now. Obviously as we get later into the season we will have mild days, but I don't see a pattern flip to early Spring..however climo is making headway.

I think 6+ is likely given the set up. I just don't know where that will be.

I broad brushed the forecast a little this morning because of the lead time and uncertainty, but with time we should be able to narrow the goal posts and up the snowfall totals.

Greate AFD. And I appreciate what you posted earlier about the possible perception that your office is being gun-shy based on what happened yesterday. Plus most of the public don't understand what the heck an inverted trough is, and assume that all our signifcant snows come from noreasters riding up the coast; must make it difficult to articulate the nature of the uncertainty.

Looked to me like the 6z models backed off a bit. What did the Euro show for QPF?

Greate AFD. And I appreciate what you posted earlier about the possible perception that your office is being gun-shy based on what happened yesterday. Plus most of the public don't understand what the heck an inverted trough is, and assume that all our signifcant snows come from noreasters riding up the coast; must make it difficult to articulate the nature of the uncertainty.

Looked to me like the 6z models backed off a bit. What did the Euro show for QPF?

Euro was around a half inch for PWM, same general area though.

06z did back off a bit, but even still as modeled it's a pretty strong signal. Even a half inch QPF would be low end warning event.

All models tonight are speeding up this thing and that is not good for us up here because that monster 50/50 Low is just acting like a buzz saw and preventing this little SWFE from coming north. Maybe they are too fast with it and will adjust north at 12z but I'm not liking the trends for up here with this one. Congrats Richmond and DC up to maybe central Jersey. General 6 to 12 for them because this thing is hauling.

More eloquent way of saying what I was trying to say during the 0z nam. Models look better to start but the speed is a problem on the overnight runs as it gets here so fast it's shunned east of NYC.

Models have had issues wirh the 50/50 all year so hopefully that's about to happen again. I will go with 1-3 here now maybe 2-4 wirh crazy ratios. For the sensitive weenies that's a forecast for MBY not yours.

More eloquent way of saying what I was trying to say during the 0z nam. Models look better to start but the speed is a problem on the overnight runs as it gets here so fast it's shunned east of NYC.

Models have had issues wirh the 50/50 all year so hopefully that's about to happen again. I will go with 1-3 here now maybe 2-4 wirh crazy ratios. For the sensitive weenies that's a forecast for MBY not yours.

I think 4 is a lock for you.

SECT special

I would also think that there will be some dry air to overcome so we may waste some moisture on that end.  1-3"/2-4" right now would be my call from MA/NH/VT border on S with the highest totals on CC.  This does not include any inverted trough action.  That looks reserved for coastal ME on north right now.

Archived