Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 17-18 Event

moneypitmike

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man you're bitter :)

but yeah... academic or not, still the points are useful... Because should it then come west in the near term and be more likely to impact, those aspects are on the table.

Just a little.  :)

If there's not a big shift tonight, Will can lock the thread back up and throw away the key.

Temps rebounding a bit.

6.6/-2 (had dropped to 5.6 a couple hours ago).

breezy

When I said trending towards a hit that means each run is getting better. I mean really.. After what we've seen the last month.. Do you not see that happening? We're at 2-4 or 3-6 as it stands now. I'd be willing to bet this trends better based on ensembles

A scraper is better.  To say it's trending toward a hit is like saying it's trending to Buffalo.  They're both in the same direction.  :)

I'd probably lean in the 2-4 range for BOS-HFD line and SE...perhaps we could get a weenie band near the Cape or south coast of RI...C-2 NW of that.

I do think that 2nd bit of energy will induce some additional inverted trough snows on Wednesday...but probably this will mostly accumulate in the NNE mountains, but maybe an inch or so down in our area.

This threat look ugly.

I was hoping for a plowable refresher, but.....looks like the march into the record books may slow.

You can almost envision that band only making it as far west as the RI/CT border.

Yea, I hope we don't hit a "cold spell", no pun intended....I need 5.5" to catch 2005, and 25.5" for 1996.

Can't stop now, man.....13" more would beat out Feb '69 for my snowiest month ever.

Still a few records to snatch.

Yea, I hope we don't hit a "cold spell", no pun intended....I need 5.5" to catch 2005, and 25.5" for 1996.

Can't stop now, man.....13" more would beat out Feb '69 for my snowiest month ever.

Still a few records to snatch.

I think I'm pushing 40" this month, yet I've had like 2-3 events that have royally pissed me off. :lol:

Anyways...hopefully you guys tack on a few more. At best it looks like a coating up here to coverthe roadside dirt. Maybe we can pull off some inv trough snows via the trailing vortmax.

What do you think about the IVT look for VT this week? You are better versed in Green Mountain climo than me..I'll be up at KMart. It looks like Wendesday and Wed night could be decent fluff up in the Greens. I know the central Greens aren't the same as the northern Greens...but they can act somewhat similar at times.

Seems like several inches of fluff is a decent possibility.

I don't trust inverted troughs at all, but I do think there'll be an orographic response once the IVT gets far enough north that our winds from SFC to H85 go NW.  Hopefully the IVT can pump some moisture pretty far inland, and then let the NW winds do their thing.

To me it looks like 2-4" of powder is possible from like Wednesday evening through Thursday pretty much from Killington on northward. 

I don't trust inverted troughs at all, but I do think there'll be an orographic response once the IVT gets far enough north that our winds from SFC to H85 go NW.  Hopefully the IVT can pump some moisture pretty far inland, and then let the NW winds do their thing.

To me it looks like 2-4" of powder is possible from like Wednesday evening through Thursday pretty much from Killington on northward. 

Thanks...that's kind of what I figured...once on the west side of the IVT, then it goes currier and ives for a good period to get some fluff. The moisture is pretty deep layer right now at least as modeled, so hopefully that will give a good base state to tap from once the upslope flow commences.

I know the troop is exhausted after the most recent storm, but any met who isn't delivering detailed information on what the Euro ensemble suite shows for the approaching system right now clearly doesn't love America.

I can only assume that you are busy punting three legged dogs while I sit here, comforting Jessica -- my bald eagle -- as she weeps during this neglect.

Archived