Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 17-18 Event

moneypitmike

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The evolution is different from about 24-36 hours ago...the storm is now being focused on the leading vort energy rather than the stuff that digs deeper behind it...so there isn't as much room for this to come north....when the deeper amplifying energy comes behind it, it could cause an inverted trough light snows behind the front running system

That said, the front runner can still hit us, but there's little to no chance of mixing.

Scooter had been up until yesterday..but he hasn't posted about it since

To be clear, I said at the time, I would worry more about mixing then a whiff. That was when the models had a big vortmax moving north with a parent low in the Great Lakes. Now, a weak s/w moves out ahead of the main trough and causes a low to move SE of ACK.

The evolution is different from about 24-36 hours ago...the storm is now being focused on the leading vort energy rather than the stuff that digs deeper behind it...so there isn't as much room for this to come north....when the deeper amplifying energy comes behind it, it could cause an inverted trough light snows behind the front running system

That said, the front runner can still hit us, but there's little to no chance of mixing.

is this thread for both systems?

It doesn't seem like we'd have 2 events. This would appear to be one of those where models sort of morph it into one storm

The models don't have two events anyway...there's no baroclinic zone to work with for the 2nd shortwave...it may blossom an area of light snow or snow showers on the heals of the first one...but it's not like it's a whole seperate significant system.

RGEM still looks like a scraper at the end of it's range...probably like a 1-3 type deal, though perhaps more in far SE zones like Cape and SE RI. We'll know more though once the rest of the 12z suite comes out and the RGEM will become more useful tonight.

GFS still a scrapper 1-3" more SE areas

Yeah, but there's a tiny bit more proximity compared with the prior run.

I'm not expecting huge leaps this close in, but hey, whatever. My opinion is that the GFS can do whatever it wants right now, kind of like how David Ortiz could've stabbed his own mother in November of 2004 and we would've been like "That is a good man."

Archived