SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 14-15 Flizzard and Wind Event

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like there were two areas of convergence east of DC toward toward the Bay that limited the wind there. My brother in Edgewater had little wind but 2.5" of snow. I has crazy wind but only around an inch in Ffax. Neat mesoscale stuff.

Thanks, makes sense. I got a gorgeous snowfall for about an hour that did amazing work, but not the whiteout winds with it I was expecting. Really pretty out.

It's damn hard to measure, but I'm eyeballing 2-3". It was really intense out there for about 15 minutes. I had snow balls (seriously!) rolling across the ground. I've never seen that before.

Before the wind came in I was close to 3. You are only about a mile from me. Some of the best rates I've seen in years.

So.....if anyone is out later or tomorrow morning, definitely cover up.....especially wear gloves and something on your face. I just ran out onto the street for a few minutes to take some shots of the snow and wasn't wearing gloves. My hands were hurtin when I went back in. And the real cold isn't here yet. 

Well I guess I got fringed on this one - got only 1/2" while places as close as Rockville are reporting over 2" and wow, 3-plus near Columbia?  Anyway, I am wondering how dangerous roads are gonna be out there with these crashing temps and soooo many people out at restaurants.  Hope people are careful!

Archived