joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 14-15 Flizzard and Wind Event

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi res nam has 2 bands. One between 11am-1pm that drops a .5 - .75" of snow through the cities and close burbs and then a nasty line rolls through between 4-7pm. Temps go above freezing after the first line so anything that falls won't last long. 

That is the one I am watching for... anything before then is just SnowTV

For a time, the SNSQ parameter looks decent around here tomorrow between 4-7pm. Values approaching 4 in localized spots. Mountains are absolutely demolished with a very large area with values of 5. Would expect blizzard conditions in the higher terrain of Garrett, western allegheny, tucker, Preston and western pendelton county.

4pm:

xmPDO9G.jpg

7pm:

bp3NNw4.jpg

And the 4pm composite:

pqXf72O.jpg

For a time, the SNSQ parameter looks decent around here tomorrow between 4-7pm. Values approaching 4 in localized spots. Mountains are absolutely demolished with a very large area with values of 5. Would expect blizzard conditions in the higher terrain of Garrett, western allegheny, tucker, Preston and western pendelton county.

Never heard of that before... do you have a link to it?

ETA:  Never mind, saw your edit above

If I'm reading it right, looks like at least 50-55kts reaching the surface..so, roughly 58-64mph.

I've noticed that models can sometimes underestimate mixing in situations involving compressional heating/downsloping, as well.

Very rare numbers for around here though. I bet we max in the mid 50s

That's my spot. I got my 1200' and 30 traps ready to roll lol. Spring mumbos soon! I have a 27 foot Grady White if you want to hop on.

Hey, I'd love to!  I've got a 14 ft flat bottom skiff that I built from 1/8" plywood.  It's a little rough around the edges but has a 15hp Yamaha and runs like a mosquito.

On topic, I'm thinking tomorrow afternoon is shat-show on the roads when the squall line goes through.

headed to Davis soon with Randy...will post some pics..hopefully the event does well here...They're under an advisory for 3-5" tomorrow, but I think where we will be will do high end of that range or even more.

Be there tomorrow. Going skiing at Canaan. Tan Dodge...lol....might see you guys.

Archived