joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16th Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z GGEM same as the GFS. Well, even farther south actually.

That was definitely a step backwards from 12z, which already wasn't good.

Oh well...whatever happens happens.  Like I said in our convo, I was going to try to not spend much time on this one until it got within a few days and I think I'm going to back off for a bit.  Hopefully we get some semblance of a storm for somebody.

Oh well...whatever happens happens.  Like I said in our convo, I was going to try to not spend much time on this one until it got within a few days and I think I'm going to back off for a bit.  Hopefully we get some semblance of a storm for somebody.

Right on. Enjoy some arctic front snows on Saturday (and cold) and see where we're at thereafter. 

noticed lots of sled traffic on the road today today when I went to Marquette for groceries.

some of the best riding of the season. trails are awesome.

love your av, and as much as I love Winter, summer will be sweet!

Oh, I know.

The problem is money and time.... lacking both.

I have a mid March trip to Hilton Head Island for my 10 year anniversary, mainly to thaw out and get out of Michigan.

I have been dealing with a vision issue too, been sucking lots of motivation out of me.

Precip on the NAM is further north. Holding out hope until Sunday 0z.

whatever does or doesn't happen, I'll be pissed off if the nam doesn't give us at least one good fantasy, phased-up and amped run in the next couple days to falsely bolster our hope. :angry:

joking aside, that first wave looks nice but it's actually part of the problem.  It signifies the energy coming out in pieces....I think we'd be better to sacrifice the initial wave for a consolidated chunk of energy ejecting from the sw.  

Running the trend loops on the models show that western ridge is popping higher and higher with each run....but it isn't helping downstream at all. 

I feel sorry for those people who are happy with only getting 3 to 6 inches... :guitar:

That's about the best freakin' no pun intended I've ever seen on this board lmao,  I hope the MO/ KY crew can at least scrape a few outta this storm, at least then the whole forum will have been covered at least once this winter.  Sam says it best about this storm ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPnrAEK1KnQ

Archived