joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at the H5 12z compared to 6 z NAM and position seemed about same but maybe a hair slower.....I could be off on that though

It's pretty much the same location except the ULL is a bit weaker on the 12z run so it doesn't quite wrap the CCB as well as 06z...it's a very fine and minor detail that is likely meaningless right now...but verbatim that was really the only difference between the two runs.

GGEM is on another planet with this one. I don't know what to think, but I know that it struggles with northern streamers so maybe this is just the GGEM being the GGEM. 

A lot of discussion about the GGEM from last night's run in these last 15 or whatever pages of this colossally impractically long thread ... But the reason for the GGEM's doing this - I suspect - is convective scheming.   Whenever there are very cold heights transported seaward, associated with near g-stream amplifiers off the EC ... I have noticed the GGEMs consummate tendency to dumbbell fictitious east ward expansions of sfc reflections ... collocating the east low pressure node almost on top of some huge QPF dump.  That's suspect off the bat

Hey Ray -  why don't you start chapter II for this thing?

Ground blizzards are overrated for New England. In the plains thousands of miles of flat. Our hilly terrain mitigates the effects off the beaches most of the time.

Depends on where in New England.  Try potato country in Aroostook, like US 1 between PQI and CAR in the howling NW winds behind the storm, especially in late winter when the snow has 10' plowpiles for launchpoints and drift-makers.  One March event years ago had traffic detoured to a blown-clear section of potato field 48 hours after the wind quit, due to the massive drifts on the highway.

Congrats Eastport, Don't need much analysis for that

Triple digit snowfall in 4 weeks?  This morning's CAR snow map had some 24-36" colors down that way.

Depends on where in New England.  Try potato country in Aroostook, like US 1 between PQI and CAR in the howling NW winds behind the storm, especially in late winter when the snow has 10' plowpiles for launchpoints and drift-makers.  One March event years ago had traffic detoured to a blown-clear section of potato field 48 hours after the wind quit, due to the massive drifts on the highway.

Congrats Eastport, Don't need much analysis for that

Triple digit snowfall in 4 weeks?  This morning's CAR snow map had some 24-36" colors down that way.

Nice burgandy shade down that way

Archived