• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

Really 4-7? My guess is 8-12 at least as I think there's going to be a nice deformation band over most of CT..If the GFS is right..and of course that's a big if..the track of the mid level lows is ideal for  massive dump here...but yeah the wind aspect of this has me super excited. 

Funny things can certainly happen under such a strong upper level low. But my hunch is that organized banding will be a tad to your east.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latex BOX map:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

No watch here.  I was going to guess around 6" for here before seeing that map (same I had guessed yesterday afternoon).  Appears I may not be far off.  I still think eastern areas will sneak in more than that.

I only have 24hour increments on the EC (yuck).  But on the GFS, is there any indication it might have a heavier deformation band out this way?  My guess is that would likely be more north of here.  Apologies for the weenie mby question.

Can't remember the last time DIT was so excited over the GFS. Now you know this is a special winter as the usual rules aren't applying.

Good model battle and the opposite of the Blizzard with the GFS more west with the banding and EURO northeast.

When it's the one that gives you reason to hype, ride it hard and toss the rest.

-3.2/-12

From this point on, I'm riding the RGEM with its recent hot hand.

might be too complex of a system to solely ride the rgem. My bet is fully euro. Agree GFS is likely too far south after seeing euro hold last night. I bet we see the GFS move towards euro at 12z. If not then I don't know what to think.

The biggest deal for snow in eastern areas is the Sunday backlash. That's a very strong signal and one I'm always skeptical of but it seems like that's a lot of our snow. I just looked. At navgem and it shows it quite strongly. The should be a fun storm albeit probably what less snow than any of the past Monday systems ...which isn't saying much considering the baby of that group is like a foot and a half...lol.

might be too complex of a system to solely ride the rgem. My bet is fully euro. Agree GFS is likely too far south after seeing euro hold last night. I bet we see the GFS move towards euro at 12z. If not then I don't know what to think.

I'd take the GFS.  It brings warning snows out west.  The EC, not so much.

Archived