Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

been lurking here forever...

... hats off to the brilliant analysis found here...

I last particapated actively on the ne.weather USENET group from the late 90s; some of the same peeps here; some of the kids from then are great mets today...

keep up the great work guys!!!

WHAT A WINTER

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been lurking here forever...

... hats off to the brilliant analysis found here...

I last particapated actively on the ne.weather USENET group from the late 90s; some of the same peeps here; some of the kids from then are great mets today...

keep up the great work guys!!!

WHAT A WINTER

That is Awesome! Do tell the stories!! Glad to have you.

GGEM with the elongated low that dodges around SNE leaving an inverted trough look in its wake... Euro kinda similar, bothersome

0z Euro maybe even a tick northeast at H5 compared to 12z

NAM, GFS consistently trended deeper with digging, giving developing surface low more latitude to consolidate than as depicted on the Euro... and as we know 0z RGEM had a low brewing well south off of Delaware / SNJ

0z NAVGEM looking better, slows east of eMA similar to GFS

Ukie hitting the bottle

6z RGEM enters the stage, big run

6z RGEM

continues too many chefs in the kitchen look resulting in disjointed inflow... even though it starts further south, consolidated low probably would form just a little too far east

the GGEM has a similar depiction, and then fujiwaras the southwest low out before it can impact SNE

post-3106-0-67002800-1423820858_thumb.pn

6z NAM / GFS actually pretty similar and both better than 0z runs, both have ideal track of H5 low and midlevel features south of LI/Cape, both tuck surface low closer to MA coastline, big impact with commahead

6z GFS so far depicts best hit for SNE

still concerned that 0z Euro / GGEM and now 6z RGEM depict 2 surface lows that fujiwara away from SNE and have disjointed inflow until they consolidate too far east

I think you'll only pick up 4-7" of snow but the associated conditions will probably be impressive - perhaps moreso after the snow ends actually.

My guess is 8-12 at least as I think there's going to be a nice deformation band over most of CT..If the GFS is right..and of course that's a big if..the track of the mid level lows is ideal for  massive dump here...but yeah the wind aspect of this has me super excited. Ripping gusts to 65mph with 3 feet of snow OTG..Well that's something you just dream about but never expect to see

Archived