Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every single run gets better and better but I'm still not sold on the mega snowfall...

I never really thought of this as a 20" potential thing... maybe a foot, but the volatility is the calling card... wind, explosiveness. Stuff the sciency folk enjoy ooing and aahing at.

Me? I like filling up a big cup with snow, pouring whiskey into it, and eating a whilst Mid-Atlantic frozen precip voyeurs enjoy me via webcam. For a certain amount of bitcoins, I lick an icicle. Everybody goes home happy.

I will admit things have nudged gently but nonetheless meaningfully into a better looking direction so far today.

I never really thought of this as a 20" potential thing... maybe a foot, but the volatility is the calling card... wind, explosiveness. Stuff the sciency folk enjoy ooing and aahing at.

Me? I like filling up a big cup with snow, pouring whiskey into it, and eating a whilst Mid-Atlantic frozen precip voyeurs enjoy me via webcam. For a certain amount of bitcoins, I lick an icicle. Everybody goes home happy.

I will admit things have nudged gently but nonetheless meaningfully into a better looking direction so far today.

I think this has 20" potential in far ne MA.

:lmao:

I wonder if Andover sees more than Southie. As modeled now that might be the case. But we all know how those jackpots several days out tend to work.

The cut off would have to position quintessentially perfectly to allow for that given the set up....otherwise, I would have to give the nod to southie, as they are well suited to avail of oes contributions...

Pretty sure Scott looks at Mid level features more closely

I knew I would get a response from the "snow lobby"

I was talking about 7H low at 12z Sunday

Looking at 5H,  hr 48 you can see the height contours clearly a touch SW at 5H, then as the hours progress it is a touch  S, SSE and finally 5H is a tick  ESE  hr 66 at 5H compared to hr  72 at 12z.

I just figured you would agree with whatever was snowier

But Yes as WIll  and Scott, alluded to it is a touch SW as it traverses lakes.

I've been excited since I heard Euro ENS were SW

The cut off would have to position quintessentially perfectly to allow for that given the set up....otherwise, I would have to give the nod to southie, as they are well suited to avail of oes contributions...

Not exactly our traditional setup.. I wonder where OES would setup.. Too early to try and nail that. Hell it's tough to nail it six hours before a storm.

I knew I would get a response from the "snow lobby"

I was talking about 7H low at 12z Sunday

Looking at 5H,  hr 48 you can see the height contours clearly a touch SW at 5H, then as the hours progress it is a touch  S, SSE and finally 5H is a tick  ESE  hr 66 at 5H compared to hr  72 at 12z.

I just figured you would agree with whatever was snowier

yea ok pickles, not being emotional about this response but you couldn't be further from the truth. Hows that flat ridge making out? I just responded to your post because Scott was saying further SW and obviously looking above the surface reflection. In fact if you remember I started out this threat saying those looking for big snows this is not your storm but have since come to realize, Pete Repete. I would closely watch the rGEM because if it is starting to taste a further SW trend then this gets taken to another level.

Flow is more northerly in this storm so OES will be less of a factor...if we can get enough easterly flow early in the event, then there could be some.

No OES unless this was further south. Winds goes N-NW rather quickly.

Oh, ok.

I stand corrected.

I'd stay in Andover, then.

. In fact if you remember I started out this threat saying those looking for big snows this is not your storm but have since come to realize, Pete Repete. I would closely watch the rGEM because if it is starting to taste a further SW trend then this gets taken to another level.

Ya, that run of the RGEM honestly seemed out of left field. Is there another model even within 200 miles of it. I'm all for a bowling ball digging but I wonder how much room this has to correct SW. Another 75 miles would make a lot of folks on this board even happier. Euro Ens may lead way.

Archived