Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

Jay no one here has seen it, 47-48? maybe

I'm pretty sure we know the answer to be "no," at least when considering the qualifier of a populated area.

Where is Don Sutherland? I chuckled, guffawed, even -- some witnesses say -- chortled when he suggested this winter in its entirety be considered the new Great Snow.

If Sunday pans out, it's less unreasonable.

This winter has failed to really sink in yet personally. I can't believe it. 

You have to hedge on the snowier side of guidance due to this season's tendencies too. Which is incredible. Historical climo would say pattern shift soon due to obscene amount of snow but there really isn't any signs of that. Even the GFS rain event at 12z was a snowpack booster on the 12z EURO for pretty much areas nw of a bos-pvd line.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not an ENE only event. We have lots of posters all over the region that are going to get hit hard with this. We've had many people ask that the focus not always be on Bos

No doubt. But it's far more interesting for a place like Scott's due to the fact they have substantially more snow otg than you. I'm interested in tracking the high impact portions/areas of the storm. 

Just like in the New Haven death band storm a few years back everyone had their eyes peeled there.

No one is trying to take snow away or attention off your area.

Its not an ENE only event. We have lots of posters all over the region that are going to get hit hard with this. We've had many people ask that the focus not always be on Bos

But when the focus of the storm is eastern MA and points NE, it makes sense.

I've come to terms with the 2014-2015 winter.  I've accepted it and moving on.

No doubt. But it's far more interesting for a place like Scott's due to the fact they have substantially more snow otg than you. I'm interested in tracking the high impact portions/areas of the storm. 

Just like in the New Haven death band storm a few years back everyone had their eyes peeled there.

No one is trying to take snow away or attention off your area.

so what your saying is nobody is trying to steal his snow, lol

Boston MBTA chief resigning apparently. If this storm verifies, Walsh is going to be either a hero or resigning himself. News starting to sound alarms on Twitter, which I think is a bit premature.

System is ancient and there has been snowfall of epic proportions. GM is nothing but a scapegoat for the state who allowed this situation to occur despite many cries for system improvements over the past several years.

so what our saying is nobody is trying to steal his snow, lol

Well yeah I mean it's nothing personal. There is a huge jackpot fetish on this board. Nailing that stuff down is the main interest. Especially in a CCB from hell with a gradient created by hades himself.

I just went through some historical events and births for Feb 15 trying to find a cool name for the storm. Nothing really good. USS Maine sunk, a historical elm blew over on the Boston Common in 1876, and Cinderella was released by Walt Disney.

Cinderella storm in the Cinderella winter.

Well yeah I mean it's nothing personal. There is a huge jackpot fetish on this board. Nailing that stuff down is the main interest. Especially in a CCB from hell with a gradient created by hades himself.

I just went through some historical events and births for Feb 15 trying to find a cool name for the storm. Nothing really good. USS Maine sunk, a historical elm blew over on the Boston Common in 1876, and Cinderella was released by Walt Disney.

I'm an idiot. Valentine's day is the 14th.. Might as well call it something along those lines.

I like hearing that most of the ensembles members are NW of the Op...let's bring it a little more NW...

This.  I was trying to follow the things that were posted from stonybrook (I think that's what they were looking at) which I think was showing ways that it could ramp up faster. 

I hope that's the case.  But, I also hope for world peace.

you missed my post I got dibs MAN BEAST

Pardon the busy lines, but for whatever reason AWIPS still doesn't allow you to plot just one theta-e temp to a pressure level.

I have highlighted just one specific theta-e temp (288 K), at 500, 700, 850, and 925 mb. If you connect the dots to the axis of these four lines you find yourself the TROWAL.

post-44-0-40960300-1423690076_thumb.png

Also note that the lines of theta-e overlap at 925 and 850 mb. That is an area of potential instability. Pretty close to Cape Cod, MA.

Archived