• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Nassau and Suffolk counties NEED their own forum.

Bobby

I understand that there is a NYC Metro forum and that's great. Yes NYC is physically a part of LI but it is VERY different for the most part climate/weather wise. I really think there are enough members from the area to warrant a separate sub forum.

The PBP, forecasting and wish casting on the NYCMetro forum is so heavily biased to that area and Jersey. I know of quite a few members who live in N/S counties that could Likey do very good PBP's for the area.

Just by a show of posts, yes or no, who else feels that Nassau/Suffolk counties deserve their own sub forum?

Thanks!

Bobby

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you could argue that SW CT should be in a separate subforum too-we're too far NE for most in this forum and too far SW for the NE forum.  Not sure if I would lump with LI though, LI is usually much warmer in the winter with less snow that here.

much warmer...no, less snow...varies

Split it right down the Hudson River. NYC, LI, Westchester and SW CT in one forum. The LHV, CNJ and NNJ in the other. I'll even throw in Middlesex and Monmouth Counties if thats what it takes.

I never liked naming sub-forums after cities. NYC and Philly are the only two that exist.

The New England forum isn't the Boston forum and I think that's great. It makes everyone feel equal.

I understand that there is a NYC Metro forum and that's great. Yes NYC is physically a part of LI but it is VERY different for the most part climate/weather wise. I really think there are enough members from the area to warrant a separate sub forum.

The PBP, forecasting and wish casting on the NYCMetro forum is so heavily biased to that area and Jersey. I know of quite a few members who live in N/S counties that could Likey do very good PBP's for the area.

Just by a show of posts, yes or no, who else feels that Nassau/Suffolk counties deserve their own sub forum?

Thanks!

Bobby

Northern and Eastern Queens are very similar to LI.

So is the Bronx.

Both are part of NYC.

I think for the most part the weather on LI is similar to NYC except for the far east end which is more in line with SNE.

Overall yes.

But there are parts of the North shore of LI that average 32"-35".

But overall, the weather is very similar to NYC. Especially Queens and the Bronx.

This is ridiculous. The whole of New England and the mid Atlantic are sub forums without further subdivision. Trust me, the weather in Caribou vs Cape Cod or Garrett Co MD vs Norfolk constitutes a MUCH wider spread than Vernon, NJ to Montauk.

Then change the name to the Tri-State Area forum, instead of naming it after one city in a very large area. I don't know why we have to call it the NYC forum when Boston and Washington DC can survive as part of New England and the Mid-Atlantic.

Overall yes.

But there are parts of the North shore of LI that average 32"-35".

But overall, the weather is very similar to NYC. Especially Queens and the Bronx.

Again, the north shore is probably more in line with SNE. And it makes sense that Queens would be similar to LI, Queens is physically part of Long Island.

Leave it alone . Stop the petty IMBY crap . We have no problem when POU gets 12 and KBLM changes to rain . 

No one should care if KISP gets 12 and NW misses . 

You do not want to shrink the board or you will end up  shrinking  good contributions . Leave it the way it is 

Does anyone notice that this is the only sub forum that demands more subforums and sub threads? Do you see a "we need a Cape Cod subforum" in the New England subforum?

They called it the New England forum from the beginning which covers the entire region. When this was the Philly to NYC forum it was a better representation of the entire area.

Archived