SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/12-13 Potential Coastal Storm Threat

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the 18z run 0.5"+ QPF made it to NYC, on the 0z run it's to about Old Saybrook, CT. Right in line with the 75-100 mile shift of the surface low that I pointed out.

Verbatim, still a nice run for many, but a fairly large jump east leaves me concerned that perhaps the Euro has the right idea here. We'll see if it comes west towards the GFS or if it holds, if it does hold, I expect the GFS to continue east.

On the 18z run 0.5"+ QPF made it to NYC, on the 0z run it's to about Old Saybrook, CT. Right in line with the 75-100 mile shift of the surface low that I pointed out.

Verbatim, still a nice run for many, but a fairly large jump east leaves me concerned that perhaps the Euro has the right idea here. We'll see if it comes west towards the GFS or if it holds, if it does hold, I expect the GFS to continue east.

My sentiments as well. Looks more progressive and am afraid the more eastward trend might continue. Eagerly anticipating the ECMWF run in a couple of hours. Hope I'm wrong, and the Euro moves more NW with its next run.

11pm Harv not showing his cards yet... just saying eastern MA should expect plowable.

Best way to go right now...there is a lot of uncertainty right now.

I'm uncomfortable going gangbusters on this one with the small window this storm has to work with...it has to amplify very quickly before it runs out of room...the ridge out west is quite amped, so it has a chance, but the clock is ticking the minute this shortwave gets into the CONUS

Archived