Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/12-13 Potential Coastal Storm Threat

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can the city handle another 2 feet?

I'll give you an answer. It has two letters. The first is an N. The last is an O. If the GFS verifies, just shut down the city until the middle of March when at least the sun angle will start to melt some snow.

Steve, Boston is crippled already as is, add another 1-2' to that and we are seriously ****ed.

And without question this is already the most epic 30 day stretch at least in my lifetime. But if the Thursday and the weekend threats produce, it's not impossible that Boston will break it's all time record in a span of just 30 days(we'd need one more event to work out likely in the 10 ish days after Sunday). Incredible.

More then likely if the Thurs-Fri system is a big hit, Sunday will whiff east as the baroclinic zone will be well offshore

Wow, GFS is double digits for a lot of the region...at least eastern half or 2/3rds...00z suite gains more suspense now.

GGgem having that trough makes me think it'll xome west. I think the euro is just suffering from its four corners "southwest tucking" bowling ball deal. It keeps the trough base from being able to swing around as fast later and as we know it's all about the bass, all about the bass

For SNE they maybe perfect on this run of the 18z GFS, But up here we need this to track more NNE then ENE into the GOM or track inside the BM which may give the SE coast some taint issues

We need that to track over BOS and PWM like the big December cut-off maple mauler, lol.

I'm sort of in awe at this point so I think it would be fun to see Boston get like 100" in 3 weeks.

GGgem having that trough makes me think it'll xome west. I think the euro is just suffering from its four corners "southwest tucking" bowling ball deal. It keeps the trough base from being able to swing around as fast later and as we know it's all about the bass, all about the bass

You are on a roll lately.

Meh. The last couple of storms (around here at least) were not much higher, or even at 10:1

Not that I was melting cores, but it was pretty dense stuff. (Exception being Thursdays fluff bomb)

look at the 850s...ratios would be higher than 10:1 for u at least

We need that to track over BOS and PWM like the big December cut-off maple mauler, lol.

I'm sort of in awe at this point so I think it would be fun to see Boston get like 100" in 3 weeks.

If that would be the case there would be serious hydro issues for places that already are up over 48"+, I don't think it can get that far west with the kicker upstream

Archived