• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

Complicated evolution but really nice to see h5 look like the gfs. @ 138 the vort is closed over michigan. Then some sort of weird double low. First one pops off the coast with a second low over PA. Very energetic in the upper levels. Not common for our area but interesting to see how it evolves. I mean, it's trending south as we move forward. That is NOT the seasonal trend we've been in the last couple weeks.

I said today I could see a change in what the models were doing vs. last 3+ weeks.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complicated evolution but really nice to see h5 look like the gfs. @ 138 the vort is closed over michigan. Then some sort of weird double low. First one pops off the coast with a second low over PA. Very energetic in the upper levels. Not common for our area but interesting to see how it evolves. I mean, it's trending south as we move forward. That is NOT the seasonal trend we've been in the last couple weeks.

I said today I could see a change in what the models were doing vs. last 3+ weeks.

It's the very common Detroit to Ocean City track....I don't see any reason why it won't work

very flat is a sword and shield....keeps it from cutting but doesn't allow for development...in this case, kills it

like you said, a few more runs left

We should focus on next weekend anyways. Still in lala but euro/gfs actually moved in the favorable direction. Couple more shifts and we'll have a bowling ball in TN. lol

I'm not desperate enough to chase inverted trough snow from an unlikely northern stream scenario to begin with. Especially since I'm gone thru Sunday morning. :P But.. that's like -28C into WVClimo's hood if my small map squinting is working. Poo.

that weird norlun look has been on several runs and always somewhere new. Even if it's real it won't be where models place it from this range.

GFS LR is depressing, we get epic cold in the mid-range, no blocking, STJ finally wakes up, and boom we rain.

why are you worried about that yet? Long range looks a lot like last year. Those storms can easily trend south it's going to totally depend on the setup in the northern branch as each stj system ejects. Looks like several waves and one prob will cut and one could easily be suppressed too. Have to roll dice and hope one hits. It's not a bad look.

Forgetting the Clipper for a second, next Wednesday? Believe it when it happens, but still looks ok to me. I'm sure it will change though.

6z actually looked better...0z looked wound up which we don't need..of course we are once again at day 10 so not even worth a mention at this point..but it is the one I am watching as a last hurrah maybe

12Z NAM @84 hr is also suggesting a little something early Friday, as the GFS has been with the lead clipper.

it's crazy how the models keep dropping these short waves near due south and off the coast to our SE

if not with this one, maybe the next one pops

as I said in the old thread, I "think" it has something to do with today's "storm" drastically lowering heights off the coast, but that's a guess

some how its west ridge..east troughs and storms still track north of us because

looks like the first clipper may have the best shot of the two. still need some help but looks decent on the gfs. 

Archived