SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You referring to the Euro for the possibility next week?

ETA: Answered already, I see.[/quote

We are now talking about a storm 10 day out again this winter sucks

Sent from my iPhone

It's actually day 6.5...still far away in fantasy land, but not 10 days

anyway, we don't flip back.  looks like Maybe we'll have something else to track this week

anyway, we don't flip back.  looks like Maybe we'll have something else to track this week

Yes, looks that way.  It's been showing up and the GFS had a similar event which gives us something then flips, then cold again behind it.

yea but its total crap situation.  Even as is yea we all get 4-7" of snow then it flips to heavy driving rain for 12 hours and washes it all away.  YAY, ill pass on that thanks. 

Euro once again, from day 7-10 had a better setup for a "REAL" storm with the northern branch digging better and allowing the STJ to be the dominant feature.  Now that it's moving inside 7 days its caving to the GFS idea of a crap setup with a northern stream dominated system and strung out waves along a front.  I was kind of expecting that to happen but was holding out hope it stuck with its idea from last run of a consolidated southern stream dominated system.  We need the northern branch to really dig and phase to get something of significance in this pattern.  Of course with a pos nao we need that to happen at the right trough axis also or it will cut.  Thread the needle to the max.  The GFS is really close to what we need for the second wave Wednesday, euro is trending that way too but is putting too much into the lead wave and running the energy way out ahead.  But the way to get something good in this pattern is for the northern stream to dig enough, dive into the Tenn Valley, and phase with a STJ wave over the southeast.  That is our best shot.  These strung out systems from the west are crap...

yea but its total crap situation.  Even as is yea we all get 4-7" of snow then it flips to heavy driving rain for 12 hours and washes it all away.  YAY, ill pass on that thanks. 

Euro once again, from day 7-10 had a better setup for a "REAL" storm with the northern branch digging better and allowing the STJ to be the dominant feature.  Now that it's moving inside 7 days its caving to the GFS idea of a crap setup with a northern stream dominated system and strung out waves along a front.  I was kind of expecting that to happen but was holding out hope it stuck with its idea from last run of a consolidated southern stream dominated system.  We need the northern branch to really dig and phase to get something of significance in this pattern.  Of course with a pos nao we need that to happen at the right trough axis also or it will cut.  Thread the needle to the max.  The GFS is really close to what we need for the second wave Wednesday, euro is trending that way too but is putting too much into the lead wave and running the energy way out ahead.  But the way to get something good in this pattern is for the northern stream to dig enough, dive into the Tenn Valley, and phase with a STJ wave over the southeast.  That is our best shot.  These strung out systems from the west are crap...

I won't...I'd lock it in immediately

This is still in fantasy land so I'll ask my question here and not banter. What are you looking at that would suggest a fron end thump of 4"+?

Text output I'm seeing on eurowx shows the 180 and 192 h panels with 1.46" as rain and then .15" as snow on the back end. Even York and h'burg have >32 surface temps.

Actually, the most impressive part of that run, IMO, was the brutal cold shot at day 10.

This is still in fantasy land so I'll ask my question here and not banter. What are you looking at that would suggest a fron end thump of 4"+?

Text output I'm seeing on eurowx shows the 180 and 192 h panels with 1.46" as rain and then .15" as snow on the back end. Even York and h'burg have >32 surface temps.

Actually, the most impressive part of that run, IMO, was the brutal cold shot at day 10.

Not sure where you are getting the text from but Westminster gets almost .5 before a changeover.

I won't...I'd lock it in immediately

I have no problem with a 5" snow, but I want it to be on the ground for more then 3 hours and be able to enjoy it while its not a driving rainstorm out.  Give me the same amount of snow on the back end of the system and I would be thrilled but honestly you would be happy if you got 5" of snow followed immediately by 12 hours of driving heavy rain and 40 degrees and had no trace of it all left on the ground when the storm ended?

ETA: not in any way criticizing, everyone is entitled to their own preferences of course I just need the snow to actually be OTG when the storm ends to enjoy it. 

Archived