SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that looks like a substantial shift, also look a little colder?

It's more subtle than substantial, but the orientation is definitely better...there is actually a panel that throws the western extent a little further but I tried to compare equivalent panels in terms of the low....Keep in mind the whole solution is still goofy with elongated lows, and a frontrunning low and multiple lows....I don't know that we will get hit, but I don't think anything is resolved yet

The UKMET surface looks more amplified than the other models and looks interesting at 96 hrs. Wish I got it's QPF.  I'd bet it look decent but that's just a guess. 

It's has been the most consistent model.  One reason is that it only has one low instead of two waves with varying degrees of injection of energy from the baha low like the other models.  Which way are you leaning?

It's has been the most consistent model.  One reason is that it only has one low instead of two waves with varying degrees of injection of energy from the baha low like the other models.  Which way are you leaning?

I'm suitably non-committal.  I sort of like the more amplitude idea because of the position and strength of the ridge out west but the northern stream is going to play a big role in what happens and I have no clue about what it will do.

Archived