Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs for Long Duration "Winter Event" Feb 8-10

ChescoWx

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got 0.1" ice overnight coating the cars and sidewalks.  The streets were covered with salt but still a lot of black ice out there this morning.  Temp was 25.2F when I left and 28F downtown (according to car thermometer).  Sis over in Wyndmoor had a dusting of snow on top of her ice that I didn't get (we're about 2 miles apart).

I remember seeing a flash of light last night between 8 and 8:30 and wondered if it was something convective or was s blown transformer somewhere.

Pretty slick on secondary roads and sidewalks here in Lower Twp, NJ.  No school delays but a few crashes on elevated roads.  Pretty rare event to have freezing rain so close to the ocean.  People said it happened more in the 80s and early 90s with gradient setups. 

28F and still light rain and drizzle.

Georgetown reporting freezing rain.

Thanks. It's kind of fizzling out on its own now it looks like but for a bit, it was odd to see that big blob of precip just sitting over that area like that. Somebody in the mid-atlantic thread from MD was reporting heavy snow earlier too. Anyhoot, why I'm watching the radar down there and caring about this so much I have no idea! ha ha ha :lol:  

Thanks. It's kind of fizzling out on its own now it looks like but for a bit, it was odd to see that big blob of precip just sitting over that area like that. Somebody in the mid-atlantic thread from MD was reporting heavy snow earlier too. Anyhoot, why I'm watching the radar down there and caring about this so much I have no idea! ha ha ha :lol:  

boredom ;)

Archived