• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs for Long Duration "Winter Event" Feb 8-10

ChescoWx

WWA for Philly metro. HRRR had the city at 30 tomorrow morning with light ZR.

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM MONDAY TO 6 AM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN... SLEET AND SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM MONDAY TO 6 AM EST TUESDAY.

* LOCATIONS... THE PHILADELPHIA METRO AREA.

* HAZARD TYPES... FREEZING RAIN... SLEET AND SNOW.

* SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS... LESS THAN 1 INCH.

* ICE ACCUMULATIONS... UP TO ONE TENTH INCH.

* TIMING... RAIN OR DRIZZLE SHOULD DEVELOP OVERNIGHT AND TURN TO FREEZING RAIN OR SLEET TOWARD DAWN AS NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES FINALLY ARRIVE FROM THE NORTHEAST. THE PERIODS OF MIXED FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET SHOULD EVENTUALLY CHANGE TO SNOW MONDAY AFTERNOON OR EVENING THEN END BY TUESDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS... ANY ICE WILL MAKE ALL UNTREATED SURFACES QUITE HAZARDOUS.

* TEMPERATURES... DROPPING INTO THE LOWER 30S BY DAWN... REMAINING THERE DURING THE DAY AND THEN FALLING INTO THE 20S MONDAY NIGHT.

* WINDS... NORTHEAST 10 TO 20 MPH TURNING NORTH BY MONDAY NIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

THIS WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITY AND USE EXTRA CAUTION IF DRIVING.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice sunset.   Bright pink clouds.   37.0 in NW Chesco with some clear patches.

It was indeed a beautiful sunset through the woods tonight. I was working outside and called my wife out to share the view, with just a few minutes to spare the cloud deck moved enough off of the horizon to frame it perfectly. Thanks for mentioning it.

37F here after a high of 51F this afternoon. Going to get some sleep and see what it looks like in the morning. Good luck all tomorrow, here's hoping for more snow/sleet than freezing rain. It will be interesting to see how much precipitation we actually got come Tuesday morning.

amazing difference Kamu as I'm not too far NNE of you and it only made it to 40 here today...

the relativly short distance closer to the backdoor front and my somewhat deeper snow pack accounted for the 11 degree variance

I'm at 32.7 currently though that fog is killing my snow ("snow-eater" for sure)

hoping qpf guidance will be wrong (once again!)

Archived