Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
President's Day Weekend 2015 Storm Potential 2/14-2/15

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see the euro ensembles but this may actually be turning into an event for us surprisingly. The gfs is pretty much the only one showing zippo but then again this is a northern stream system which gfs does normally do good with

lol just like it nailed the blizzard it showed for us 24 hours ago for thursday...oh wait LMAO

The 12z runs are GFS and GEFS vs the world. That said, I definitely would not dismiss the GFS solution

two reasons why I wouldn't dismiss the GFS. 1. It's the best model. 2. It's better with northern stream systems miller b's. Navgem is my favorite underrated model I wonder what is this model showing?

two reasons why I wouldn't dismiss the GFS. 1. It's the best model. 2. It's better with northern stream systems miller b's. Navgem is my favorite underrated model I wonder what is this model showing?

Perhaps your wish casting for a blizzard should stay in the banter threads from now on...

Exactly, this has happened before where the Canadian, Ukmet, Euro, NAM and JMA were all showing hits and the GFS was by itself and ended up being right, that's why I would not flat out dismiss it but we shall see

.4 for most . Minus 15  to Minus 18 . Close to 20 to 1 . That looks like 8 max as per this run . 

35 mph winds for most  with Gusts to 55 on Long Island .

At 500 EURO GEM UKIE JMA  look similar  all vs the GFS . 

The low really bombs out from 6z Sun at 982 near BM to 972 east of CC 12z.

Exactly, this has happened before where the Canadian, Ukmet, Euro, NAM and JMA were all showing hits and the GFS was by itself and ended up being right, that's why I would not flat out dismiss it but we shall see

there has never been a time this close in where ALL those models were showing hits and the gfs wasnt and the gfs was right, literally never lol.

You can add the RGEM to that list that agreed with the other models that storm too and the GFS ended up being right

Not entirely true. Though many models did show is getting hit with significant accumulations, models like the RGEM, among others, clearly showed us in the zone with the highest bust potential (extreme western part of the heavy snow area), with each run shifting slightly east until the 12" and eventually the 6" zones cleared out of much of NJ

Archived