joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thoroughly surveyed the area....a tad underwhelming regarding total depth, as i had hoped it would have been a few inches higher, so we still lag 2011 by about 3".

Need one more good storm with intense rates, as that is what acted as a detriment the depth increase in this event.

13" New

The most common depth that I came up with was 28".....the very shaded region of the yard was 32", but I tried to average it out.

30" average depth.

14.1/11

S-

Put on the azzless leggins snow pants and peruse the neighborhood tonight

Ray, the Lowell observer reported 35" last week. I can't confirm that measurement as my kids and I built three humongous snowmen essentially screwing my depth observations for this season, but I can confidently state my depth is deeper now than it was last week. Probably by 3 or 4 inches if I were to guess.

This is similar to here. We have 38 inch depth right now.

I'll say 14" since yesterday.  

I'm exhausted. We've had close to 30" the past 8 days and we're on the low end of MA totals. lol

Fine with me if Thursday is just a few inches out here. I'm already at my season average of 58-60"

decent echoes moving in toward you , looks like you could have a few more hrs

My kitchen window looks out over our back deck. The distance from deck surface to window sill is about four feet (46"). As I look out the window there is snow peaking up about 5 inches into view. Now - this is the side of the house that gets hit hard by the wind and that deck pile is drift city. Still - it's surreal looking out a window and seeing a flat expanse of snow straight across the yard.

Archived