Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOX expanded their 24-36 to include BOS.

If Logan verifies 24"+ that would be surreal (it's already pretty surreal as is).

Never thought I'd see this more than once in a decade (after 2013), never imagined it'd be possible twice within a season. 

Glad to be a part of this historic stretch!

You guys think bands will start setting up again like earlier this morning or is this about it in terms of intensity 

Intensity probably won't turn up to what we saw earlier today. There may be some lighter snows through the evening, radar doesn't look too heavy going forward.

7.5" total for this event which started around 4PM yesterday,  9.1" overall since Sat.  Still snowing!

That sounds about right. I'm going to go out and do a snow depth measurement in the yard soon, while I go clear out the area where the oil gets filled in the back of the house outside. Also I guess I'm sort of happy my 4"-8" forecast for our area was surpassed by a bit. I guess I could have gone with 6"-10" like everyone else, but I just had that feeling this was going to be a very difficult storm to get a lot of snow out of. Good to see we might get 10" though once all said and done. 

BOS measurement matches up fairly well with the average of a couple unofficial ones that I took and my guestimate from being outside and walking around in it. Maybe an inch or two lower here but in general it's pretty close.

Venturing out on the T, wish me luck lol...

SN- continues, estimating 20-21" storm total.

I've been getting nothing but sloppy seconds the past few weeks and this event is no exception. We have around 6" of white sand here; the official measurement will come at the end of the storm. Just another big meh, as NE winds downslope here. I'm hoping this will be my last winter at this location.

We've mostly had light snow with poor snow growth interspersed with periods of moderate snow and dendrites, one of which is coming through now.

Snow depth is around 20". We have about 3-4" of glacier on the bottom and the rest is several layers of packed powder.

Archived