Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blistering snows just north of exit 2 on rte 3, total mess was just up there it's S+

Boston on Fox25...state house looked like it was barely snowing.

Best returns are very clearly S of Boston that whole S shore to even Foxboro area  E CT , RI toward the area you mentioned in Pym is a different beast right now. N orh county as well as E slope

Best returns are very clearly S of Boston that whole S shore to even Foxboro area  E CT , RI toward the area you mentioned in Pym is a different beast right now. N orh county as well as E slope

Yeah two different storms, high QPF down here, high fluff up there.  I'm about to fall out the southern end unless there's under the radar stuff.

I was skeptical but models nailed the snow along the MA/VT border. Lots of win on the radar.

It's interesting they did well there, were pretty atrocious in underestimating the precip over the entire SE portion of the State.  Even the 12z NAM really failed to see it.  Very odd.

Tough to get an exact measure, but feel confident we have cleared 20" in Hingham and still absolutely pouring snow.  What do HRRR / other models show for rest of today here?  

At the risk of sounding dramatic, it does seem the South Shore is getting near a legit public safety issue.

Pretty obvious at this point BOS is going to get more from this than last Monday. BOX updated their map btw, has a weenie area of 24-36" near Weymouth.

Guess I picked a good year to move to Weymouth! But honestly don't have the faintest idea where I'm going to put the snow from my car, snow banks are already taller than me.

LOL--the rogue Greenfield reporter has weighed in again.

...FRANKLIN COUNTY...
   GREENFIELD            11.0   845 AM  2/09  HAM RADIO
   SHELBURNE               8.5   527 AM  2/09  GENERAL PUBLIC
   ASHFIELD                   7.5   730 AM  2/09  NONE
   HEATH                        7.5   848 AM  2/09  HAM RADIO
   SUNDERLAND            6.0   913 AM  2/09  BROADCAST MEDIA

And, our three mysterious reports at the same time from Worcester County

...WORCESTER COUNTY...
   FITCHBURG               13.3   741 AM  2/09  TRAINED SPOTTER
   LEOMINSTER             13.1   747 AM  2/09  TRAINED SPOTTER
   LUNENBURG              13.0   754 AM  2/09  TRAINED SPOTTER

Guess I picked a good year to move to Weymouth! But honestly don't have the faintest idea where I'm going to put the snow from my car, snow banks are already taller than me.

It's ridiculous. There's a pile at the end of my street that's as tall as me, and im over 6'2. The road past here will be closed until April.

Archived