Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows, but those three have been all within 0.2" and were way over anything else and within a few minutes. Looks suspicious.

In the blizzard, NWS tossed the Lunenburg number

9" total here in Townsend (near Lunenburg line), once again at least 2" under the reports from Lunenburg and others. I know I'm not in a permanent snow hole because the snow cover here outlasts most locations in the greater Leominster-Lunenburg area.

A whole 2.25" since yesterday afternoon (4.25" including Sat night).

Just cloudy and cold now.

Board of education must be besides themselves for closing school.  This is at least the 3rd closure that should not have been.

Did they cancel last night?  Why don't they just wait until the morning?  I think the argument that people need to make plans for their kids is a little flat.  Everyone knows there's a storm in the forecast and that a closure is possible/likely and can plan based on that likelihood for a delay/cancelation.  Schools can make the call when they wake up and everyone knows the final deal then.

Whatever.

snowing,

12.2/10

Hey folks - It's tough to measure, but I would estimate 14-16" from this storm so far.

That sounds about right. I did 3 measurements, 1", 5", and 7" this morning. Probably had an 1" or 2" since then. 

.NORFOLK COUNTY...

NORTH WEYMOUTH 19.8 700 AM 2/09 TRAINED SPOTTER

SOUTH WEYMOUTH 8.5 1051 PM 2/08 MEDIA

WALPOLE 5.5 838 PM 2/08 HAM RADIO

FOXBOROUGH 5.2 919 PM 2/08 HAM RADIO

DOVER 4.8 918 PM 2/08 HAM RADIO

MILLIS 4.3 917 PM 2/08 HAM RADIO

...PLYMOUTH COUNTY...

NORWELL 16.5 603 AM 2/09 HAM RADIO

BROCKTON 11.0 509 AM 2/09 TRAINED SPOTTER

ROCKLAND 10.0 1115 PM 2/08 TRAINED SPOTTER

HANOVER 8.0 1127 PM 2/08 GENERAL PUBLIC

PLYMOUTH 4.9 1203 AM 2/09 GENERAL PUBLIC

Amazing BOS is at 12.1" but has so far never recorded anything better then sn-..lol..From Radar you can see Weymouth and areas immediately SW continuing to get wacked.

Lol....42 hours of snow will do that. Actually there have been 3 distinct events embedded. The initial Saturday afternoon, the surprisingly robust late Saturday night into Sunday morning, the late Sunday afternoon to present.

Just woke up after getting about 4 hours and snowing as hard now as it has all storm, and we probably got close to 3" while I was sleeping.  No end in sight either.  About 10" since it all started.  Think we reach the low end of 14-18" easy here. 

Archived