SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone thing the timing and similarity of these three reports is suspicious?  Everyone else was about 1.5" (or more) less. 

WORCESTER COUNTY...

FITCHBURG              5.5   941 AM  2/08  TRAINED SPOTTER

LUNENBURG              5.5   943 AM  2/08  TRAINED SPOTTER

LEOMINSTER             5.4   942 AM  2/08  TRAINED SPOTTER

Pixie dust now, ftl.

I'd say they are a little inflated.   I cleared 2-3 inches off my car before heading to work (4:30am) and it was still coming down moderately.  Might have ended up near 4 inches here from last night. 

9/7 Light snow.  1" new since this morning.

Baking soda here. 16/12. SN. radar doing ok filling in the gaps W of here.

Although the snow growth will keep amounts in check here this is some dense snow. Should be relatively high impact on travel if it lasts through morning. Streets are a mess right now. I bet I-91 S is fun tonight with all the tri-state skiers coming home from the VT pilgrimage.

Probably 2" since this afternoon. 4.5" total.

I'd say they are a little inflated.   I cleared 2-3 inches off my car before heading to work (4:30am) and it was still coming down moderately.  Might have ended up near 4 inches here from last night. 

You missed the point--they were all submitted within 3 minutes of each other.  I think it's the same person--the Lunenberg mystique.

In a bit of a lull here.  About 5" total since last night.

I dunno. I did get 4.0" at my place in Hubbardston at 7AM. It was ripping pretty good at Wachusett for awhile after that (I was skiing)

The numbers could be right but it does look weird. I would hope the NWS checks to see if they are the same people

Archived