• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

I was most impressed with the blizzard's huge range of 25"+ coverage. Nearly all of SE NH out to 495 and over to ORH then over toward Garth /Ginxy then over to Bob and then Messenger and most of cape.

Dramatic snow growth and qpf cutoff though with the blizzard.  Nemo and this past Monday's storm were better for larger area and more people.  Let's face it, it's an inside I-495 winter for MA.  I saw indisputable evidence of that driving from Greenfield to Cambridge the past two weeks. The snow amounts once past Leominster/Fitchburg are astounding. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have the feeling this one will wiggle around right until the end.

Ehh, most of the snow starved south of you guys would beg for a wiggling snow band over 2+ days that could drop 20" where it favors. Good luck up there-NYC will have to settle with sleet and zones of ZR, maybe an inch or two of snow at the very end. What a discriminating winter thus far.

The thing that I am honestly confused about is how we lost the coastal component (which was the big wildcard) but totals didn't go down

when in doubt I go with Harv's map, box and esp gyx IMO look inflated

Totals didn't go down because of that band....they put a board range of 1-2' because they aren' going to guess who gets 30", and who gets 3".

They smooth it out.

The implications of losing the coastal are that there will be a much greater disparity between the few haves, and the far more plentiful have nots.

Every model has an increase in rates when the low emerges under us. That's the coastal. One euro run had it more robust but it hasn't changed other than to be more amorphous within a regime of decent lift wringing the moisture out. This event has been mind fukked to death by people. It's snowing out fwiw.

Totals didn't go down because of that band....they put a board range of 1-2' because they aren' going to guess who gets 30", and who gets 3".

They smooth it out.

The implications of losing the coastal are that there will be a much greater disparity between the few haves, and the far more plentiful have nots.

Correct and there is no good way to convey that to the doe-eyed masses.  

There is currently a huge dryslot triangle from Montpelier VT  to Concord NH to Pittsfield MA and there goes some of the potential of whatever tonight's expected totals for those areas were which could be 20% of your 3 day forecast.  Big bust potential but that's why meteorologist is not and enviable job.  

Would not be surprised to see Euro trend drier, obviously hoping not.

0z NAM cut back as well. Again, my impression is feature placement hasn't changed as much as overall qpf outside of northshore/Boston metro band. Not sure if that's a result of diminished coastal strength or what...

Archived