Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't look that bad.

That's pretty bad. light green = 15-20mm = 0.6-0.8" QPF, yellow = 20-25mm = 0.8-1" QPF. If that's right, no one is cracking double digits  and most will struggle to hit warning criteria(8" in 24).

At this point though, it's time to sit back, relax, enjoy what falls and see what happens. Hoping to wake up in the morning to a couple fluffy inches with more on the way. Night all and may the odds ever be in your favor.

Its probably going to look worse and worse for most of the area.......models are going to realize that this is all driven by mesoscale proccesses.

There didn't seem to be much discussion/ fanfare when models at 12z began to weaken the Coastal idea and no longer show that as consolidated. Instead people focused on the Meso Bands.

I agree that not much changed for NE mass, thou I would temper the 2'+ ideas .

That's pretty bad. light green = 15-20mm = 0.6-0.8" QPF, yellow = 20-25mm = 0.8-1" QPF. If that's right, no one is cracking double digits  and most will struggle to hit warning criteria(8" in 24).

At this point though, it's time to sit back, relax, enjoy what falls and see what happens. Hoping to wake up in the morning to a couple fluffy inches with more on the way. Night all and may the odds ever be in your favor.

I urge you to look at the history of that model. I'd trust RGEM a zillion times more.

People have just analyzed this one to death given the all of the mess nuances......I know I have.

nuances are eternally modeled incorrectly. Nowcast sit as to where convergence sets up. Bursts at different places except EMA from Gloucester to Scooter to Andover to Blue Hill where it's constant inflow. Models have been steady on the max just some noise waffles that are never exactly modeled correctly. Let the game begin

A lot of people outside of where this big band sets up are going to wonder wtf all the hype was about

If there was a nice coastal Monday this would be a wee different story for higher widespread

Any idea what your depth is Down in PYM

I measured 29" in a few spots at my Grandparents near the Wakefield/Lynnfield line today

More than noise that's a pretty dramatic shift downwards bell to bell. Will see how it plays out...

I think logical skepticism and red flags on the models in terms of consistency with qpf should have been enough for most to realize this was going to be a nice wintery period rather than some region wide jaw dropper.  That being said, isolated areas are going to get croaked but the differences in totals will be more dispersed and maybe cursed than the blizzard two weeks ago.

I think logical skepticism and red flags on the models in terms of consistency with qpf should have been enough for most to realize this was going to be a nice wintery period rather than some region wide jaw dropper.  That being said, isolated areas are going to get croaked but the differences in totals will be more dispersed and maybe cursed than the blizzard two weeks ago.

I was most impressed with the blizzard's huge range of 25"+ coverage. Nearly all of SE NH out to 495 and over to ORH then over toward Garth /Ginxy then over to Bob and then Messenger and most of cape.

Localization of the band and other features changed less than the overall qpf did... something tripped up GGEM/RGEM/UK 0z outputs and resulted in a significantly drier outcome.

Will be interesting to see how Euro does. 12z Euro was widespread 12"+, and up to 14" in same max band area.

Archived