SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing about getting 18"-24" in spots is that unless you constantly measure every 6 hours like the NWS does instead of just taking snow depth measurements periodically, you won't actually see 18"-24". This stuff will be pure fluff and it will settle fairly quickly, so it will be interesting to see the PNS each day to see how the measurements differ.

This.

A lot of folks will be saying the event was an underperformer because they don't have the 8", 12", 14", (whatever was in the forecast) because they'll measure at the end and have readings  5.5 ,9, 11.

So true..but at this point it may have at least a partial clue especially when it's agreeing with other guidance.

It has no clue. It still has the 540dm thickness north of the MA/CT border. No other model has that especially the GFS/EURO combo which have continued to show a much stronger press of cold air with the High than the Meso models have. And I would expect the globals to get that High modeled correctly over the NAM especially.

It has no clue. It still has the 540dm thickness north of the MA/CT border. No other model has that especially the GFS/EURO combo which have continued to show a much stronger press of cold air with the High than the Meso models have. And I would expect the globals to get that High modeled correctly over the NAM especially.

Well the qpf maxima and minima should not necessarily be taken literally but look at the signal. Of course you being a pro met know that.

Well the qpf maxima and minima should not necessarily be taken literally but look at the signal. Of course you being a pro met know that.

I almost don't want to look at the NAM anymore when the RGEM is kicking ass and taking names the past couple of weeks.

Edit: It actually nailed this initial overrunning wave this morning and early afternoon. I expect it to do well in this setup for sure.

Archived