Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you, Tollandian or something? Puttin' words in my moof. Won't have it! Ain't respectful!

I didn't say anything about a bust. I questioned you saying "and people were dogging [Jerry's] MEX numbers" because it implies that dogging the 20+" totals they were showing is somehow already deemed inaccurate.

All I'm saying is let it fall and get measured first.

I think a long duration 8-14 for BOS is doable. 14-20 seems high to me. But hey, I'm happy to eat crow if I end up nestled in The Favoured Lands.

:snowwindow:      :sled:  :hug:  :snowing:  :ski:  :mapsnow:  :snowman:   :drunk:  :thumbsup:

My final call is for a general 1-2' inside of rt 495, with perhaps up to a 3' lolli within that KBEV-Salem-Peabody-Danvers triad.

Just reading the thread with everyone talking about these amounts and there is not even a Winter Storm Warning Posted.  I know its a long drawn out affair but this kind of snow on top of what you got down there would make me think a Warning should be up instead of a Watch. Guessing they will do it very soon.

I would have to look back, but the Synoptics were different I think. I'm on phone now. It's really longevity with this one. My gut says anyone near stalled CF is getting 2'+ cumulative. If I had to put a line, it's 10 miles either side of Newburyport-Stoneham- Dedham.

Ray I think you will do well.

I'm a little less than 10mi nw of that line.

Cool.

I'd still like to be at my dad's old house in Woburn center for this....about 3 mi inside of rt 128.

Just reading the thread with everyone talking about these amounts and there is not even a Winter Storm Warning Posted.  I know its a long drawn out affair but this kind of snow on top of what you got down there would make me think a Warning should be up instead of a Watch. Guessing they will do it very soon.

Warning will 100% be coming with the afternoon update IMO

The only thing about getting 18"-24" in spots is that unless you constantly measure every 6 hours like the NWS does instead of just taking snow depth measurements periodically, you won't actually see 18"-24". This stuff will be pure fluff and it will settle fairly quickly, so it will be interesting to see the PNS each day to see how the measurements differ.

The only thing about getting 18"-24" in spots is that unless you constantly measure every 6 hours like the NWS does instead of just taking snow depth measurements periodically, you won't actually see 18"-24". This stuff will be pure fluff and it will settle fairly quickly, so it will be interesting to see the PNS each day to see how the measurements differ.

Yes. If there is any event where it's important to measure every 6 hours, its this one. If you were to wait until its all said and done and take a measurement it will be several inches lower than a 6 hour increment measurements.

I'm a little less than 10mi nw of that line.

Cool.

I'd still like to be at my dad's old house in Woburn center for this....about 3 mi inside of rt 128.

I think I will be just a bit north of the localized heavy band. No complaints tho already blew past my season average. Everything else is gravy. Will still do well I think.

Archived