joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like more sloppy seconds up here. Congrats Berks, ORH hills/Monads, and NE MA in the enhanced areas. That's pretty much the consensus for max amounts.

I'm not convicted those higher totals work out in the N Berks and Monads. Seems like it all may shift a bit S & E of those areas. The pattern has certainly played out that way.

Edit: of course ORH hills will always find a way to jack.

Those high end SREF members are way north and are outliers compared to other guidance. I'd hedge moreso towards those NMM members and toss the ARW/NMB ones.

Oh yeah I see that. Usually in these types of events its all over the place I was shocked how clustered they were. Even just looking at the NMM members we still are looking at 14-16" mean. Two clusters. 

Not to shabby 

I'm not convicted those higher totals work out in the N Berks and Monads. Seems like it all may shift a bit S & E of those areas. The pattern has certainly played out that way.

Edit: of course ORH hills will always find a way to jack.

I don't think there's enough time for this to shift S enough to screw the Berks over. They have plenty of room to play with.

This is starting to look like a storm that challenges criteria/definitions...   One is supposed to garner 8" in 24 hours to verify a warning? Well, this may snow 6.8" every 24 hours until late Tuesday night for some, and they'll end up with boat load of snow below warning ... 

The other thing, for areas that have a huge snow removal problem,  I think 3" comes with enhanced aggravation.

Through 12z Monday, RGEM has 0.75"+ from the northern third of CT up to the VT/NH borders with MA. 1.25"+ for Boston. Even decent snows for the Cape. Freezing rain confined to coastal CT.

These south tickles are making a difference down this way, I think we taint but I'm feeling more confident we get over the 6" mark.

Merrimack valley river valley in SNH gets no love! Expecting to squeeze out 10-12 here over the 3.5 day period. Great ratios will help. Looking great again for the NH/MA border a bit east of here... Amazing 15 day run this far, can't complain. After this storm we should be approaching 70+ for the season.

At the moment, I'm thinking its 50/50 for my 5:45 AM flight Monday morning out of MHT. They have great snow removal capabilities but I know the airlines can be flakey. Should know more tomorrow... If they keep the inbound flights coming in then I'm sure they will do what they can to ensure planes get out monday AM

Archived