• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

Alright. Hey, I remember you from the old / old days on the NYC abc board. You were always complaining about being snow shafted at Long Beach (kidding). Lately, LI is part of the northwest burbs, snow-wise (and I live in the northwest burbs). lol

I remember that. I was on Bill Evans board with JM and John (Earthlight) during those years. Long time ago.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has NYC had a winter storm watch/warning since blizzard bust? I know many people here consider this to be a good winter bc it was snowier than average, but a winter with one storm warning (which was a huge bust) and record cold followed by ice/rain is not what I would consider good. JMO.

Has NYC had a winter storm watch/warning since blizzard bust? I know many people here consider this to be a good winter bc it was snowier than average, but a winter with one storm warning (which was a huge bust) and record cold followed by ice/rain is not what I would consider good. JMO.

Agree..take the cold out of the equation and it would of been a meh winter in my hood.  (S Shore)

True, but better than a Seattle type winter with mid 40's and rain, which we have had, along with drenching rains and temps to the 60's. This is better. Not great but better. And for those who don't like winter, it was bad because it was cold and it snowed sometimes....

Strange you mention that...I had digestive difficulties one July a few years back...when the gastroenterologist asked me to write a short paragraph on the symptoms and the time of onset, I titled the page "The Summer of My Discontent." True story.

Even back then I was full of ****

Well life isnt "like a box of chocolates".... it's like a litter box, full of sh*#

I look back on the way I was...a young, stupid kid who made that terrible mistake. I want to talk to her...tell her how things are. But I can't. Because that young gal is long gone and this old woman is all that's left. I gotta live with that. So you go on & stamp your forms Sonny and stop wasting my time...because, to tell you the truth, I don't give a ****.

Note: Do not use this when going before a real parole board...lol.

I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying.

I look back on the way I was...a young, stupid kid who made that terrible mistake. I want to talk to her...tell her how things are. But I can't. Because that young gal is long gone and this old woman is all that's left. I gotta live with that. So you go on & stamp your forms Sonny and stop wasting my time...because, to tell you the truth, I don't give a ****.

Note: Do not use this when going before a real parole board...lol.

Someone recently watched shawshank

Was just at the store and heard some lady say she was food shopping because "they are expecting 8-12 inches of snow". Lmao where the hell do people get these forecasts from? I didn't even bother saying anything

13 yr olds on facebook usually.

And the SREFs. Lol

Was just at the store and heard some lady say she was food shopping because "they are expecting 8-12 inches of snow". Lmao where the hell do people get these forecasts from? I didn't even bother saying anything

sought of like the game telephone ..the first person says 1-3 inches then..next says 2-4..then next says 3-6 so on ..etc etc ..

Why do people have to inflate snow totals? Does it really matter if u have more snow ? It's a huge pet peeve to me for some reason and when I see someone totally lying on a snow measurement I'll call u out .

Why do people have to inflate snow totals? Does it really matter if u have more snow ? It's a huge pet peeve to me for some reason and when I see someone totally lying on a snow measurement I'll call u out .

Lol.

Good for you. You did the board a grand service by saying my 5" eyeballing estimate was inflated. What would we ever do without you?

Archived