• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

Ignore all surface projections because we know nobody is ever getting above freezing with this event

I don't understand why guys can't see how these models have to right on top of the low level cold air to correct.

Look at wave 1. It's going to snow on to long island tomorrw.

Wave 2 will correct S . It will do so once it's on top of this confluence.

Thank you for being here. Reading some of this is making my eyes bleed.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why guys can't see how these models have to right on top of the low level cold air to correct.

With that sort of high to the north the only way we get anything but frozen is if the low tracks over or north of us and I don't see that happening

how far south you thinking?   Could be some busts as most forecasts around here don't have much til Sunday night

With the past storm, if my memory is correct. The GFS, had the surface above freezing the whole way up into central CT 24 to 36 hrs before the storm. Here in Newtown, we hit 25 degrees Monday at 4 am. and it was 17 degrees by 8 am. The Euro/HRRR was very good at surface temps, for at least this past storm.

how far south you thinking?   Could be some busts as most forecasts around here don't have much til Sunday night

I smell ice in a lot of spots around the city . Exactly where , I can't be sure . But I don't see the BL moving w a center cutting S of us.

With the past storm, if my memory is correct. The GFS, had the surface above freezing the whole way up into central CT 24 to 36 hrs before the storm. Here in Newtown, we hit 25 degrees Monday at 4 am. and it was 17 degrees by 8 am. The Euro/HRRR was very good at surface temps, for at least this past storm.

If the Euro continues south as it's ensembles indicate we will all be frozen sleet or snow

Agreed. Here in coastal CT we were to receive a mere 3 to 6 with lots of ice. We ended up with 10.5. 6.5 before the back end. Never got above say 27.

Hopefully that's not the final outcome. A lot of hours of freezing rain, sleet, snow and even some plain rain in there. It was a trend towards the snow coming in faster on Sunday. That needs to be watched.

Im surprised at all the frozen precip nws out of mount holly is showing for monmouth cty. the precip is long gone before surface temps drop below freezing from everything Ive looked at

Again, the 850 low is too far north for much snow in NYC. The surface low is likely south enough to keep northerly winds and a chance for ice but the snow IMO is more likely in SNE. Boston is in line to get slammed again. This certainly isn't behaving like most Nino winters, this pattern is much more Nina like.

Again, the 850 low is too far north for much snow in NYC. The surface low is likely south enough to keep northerly winds and a chance for ice but the snow IMO is more likely in SNE. Boston is in line to get slammed again. This certainly isn't behaving like most Nino winters, this pattern is much more Nina like.

This niño basically fell apart and now the models show a weak Niña in some cases next winter, we are in a major niño drought this is more or less a neutral winter.

Don't blame the models when the atmospheric teleconnections are unfavorable,  the ENSO can't make up it's mind and the PV is too far north and oriented incorrectly for us ,now leave the somewhat friendly MJO out of this, but don't forget the QBO is still going the wrong way (more neg. again in Jan. and a remarkable 8 months in the this direction)

Never trust a 'model' unless it has been certified by Playboy International.   lol.

Archived