Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nam looks much more reasonable. Looks Icy for NYC for tomorrow night into Monday morning.

Also NAM has finally caught onto the more south solution... I really think the EURO is leading the way with this one. NWS is just too low for snow and too high for ice for places NW of the city.. But I guess we will see how things progress throughout the day today and tomorrow morning. Also feel the final outcome is far from over and won't be decided til tomorrow morning.

nyc could pick up an inch the next hr or two. Sussex, NJ reporting moderate snow and that same batch is pivoting towards the city. Could be a nice surprise for many.

I believe he was referring to the event Sunday into Monday... But it could be interesting if we can get some of that snow down into the area today. That could bode well for later on in the weekend.

Nothing is gone right now. We are far from the solution.

My man have to you even looked at a map of where the 850s go ?  The 0 line gets to just  south of 84. What do you think that means for you in S Brooklyn ?

You have no dog is in this fight unlike you like ice .  This is a potential ICE  storm for a lot of people on this board . Forget about accumulating snow in Brooklyn .

My man have to you even looked at a map of where the 850s go ?  The 0 line gets to just  south of 84. What do you think that means for you in S Brooklyn ?

You have no dog is in this fight unlike you like ice .  This is a potential ICE  storm for a lot of people on this board . Forget about accumulating snow in Brooklyn .

I didn't look at the sounding; but I doubt it goes much past +1.0 C in NYC @850 mb...which is within typical margin of error...

I didn't look at the sounding; but I doubt it goes much past +1.0 C in NYC @850 mb...which is within typical margin of error...

yea dismissing anything at this point is absurd i was only supposed to get a couple inches last time and got 9...also thursday all the models really only showed flurries for our area and we ended up getting in a decent band for a few hours...the models have been horrible from 100 hours out and theve been horrible from 24 hours out.

PB, don't get me wrong--I'm leaning towards ice in the NYC metro/LI area but he is right that the trend of pushing the surface low further southeast, into the better dynamics, associated with the trailing, southern shortwave could have significant implications on the coastal redevelopment for eastern areas on Tuesday...And being that this aspect is still 72+ hrs out, means this is far from set in stone...Definitely something to watch... 

Archived