• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

SREF's (3z) looks wet on Monday, I think...I rarely look at that model...and navigating the pages is a little different. 

Edit: 6z NAM also edging south.

6z NAM looks strangely dry after 60 hours or so despite surface disturbance passing to our south. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6z NAM looks strangely dry after 60 hours or so despite surface disturbance passing to our south. 

But the NAM has edged south...on Friday's 12z run, good snows started at the VT / MA border...on the 6z run this morning...they are now as close as far northern CT. 

But the NAM has edged south...on Friday's 12z run, good snows started at the VT / MA border...on the 6z run this morning...they are now as close as far northern CT. 

6z RGEM also dropped the good snow line south...from northern CT at 0z to practically the Bridgeport / New Haven area at 6z through 48 hours. 

Upton is still forecasting high temps to be well above freezing for NYC and Western Long Island on Sunnday and Monday so im assuming we'll get mostly rain......

Agreed this basically a non - event for most of the immediate NYC metro and points south and east - some frozen mixed in but should cause no problems 

Upton is still forecasting high temps to be well above freezing for NYC and Western Long Island on Sunnday and Monday so im assuming we'll get mostly rain......

upton was also forecasting 2-3 feet of snow for parts of Nj during the storm on the 26th and they got a couple inches...some ppl never learn smh

The spread is going to be even wider after this next storm than you typically see during a La Nina winter.

07-08

Boston......51.2"

Philly.........6.3"

08-09

Boston.....65.9"

Philly........22.8"

Is this going to be Boston's snowiest winter? Looks like NYC will finish above average.

The spread is going to be even wider after this next storm than you typically see during a La Nina winter.

07-08

Boston......51.2"

Philly.........6.3"

08-09

Boston.....65.9"

Philly........22.8"

I think 1970-71 had the largest difference between NYC and Boston for snowfall...Philadelphia had less I think...

The radar is really blossoming just to our West, I wonder if any of that is reaching the ground? It looks quite a bit further south than most of the modeling had.

i was just thinking the same thing. My thinking is if this first batch of snow is further south which no model had snow this morning down to philly (wonder if it's reaching ground will check and post after) the following batch should be further south too. At this point now casting is the best bet... Let me check obs. From southeast Pa

Here we go again with the ice

10zd3eo.png

WPC is tossing the Nam and GFS

AMPLIFYING UPPER TROUGH MOVING ACROSS THE EAST

SURFACE LOW MOVING ACROSS THE MIDWEST/NORTHEAST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PREFERENCE: ECMWF/UKMET/CANADIAN COMPROMISE
CONFIDENCE: AVERAGE

THE 00Z NAM BECOMES DEEPER ALOFT THAN THE OTHER GUIDANCE -- 30 TO
60 METERS AT 500 HPA -- WHICH LEADS TO A MORE NORTHERLY SURFACE
LOW TRACK ACROSS THE NORTHEAST. THIS IS ONE OF ITS USUAL BIASES
THAT HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE IT STARTED USING A WRF PHYSICS PACKAGE
MANY YEARS AGO, SO ITS SOLUTION IS NOT CONSIDERED VIABLE. AS THE
SYSTEM MOVING THROUGH THE EAST, A NON-NAM SOLUTION IS STRONGLY
ADVISED WITH HIGH CONFIDENCE.

BY TUESDAY MORNING, THE 00Z GFS/18Z GEFS MEAN HAVE A FAIRLY STRONG
SURFACE LOW SOUTH OF NOVA SCOTIA, BUT AT LEAST IT IS WEAKER THAN
THE NAM. THE 00Z GFS SHOWS CONVECTIVE FEEDBACK NEAR THE CYCLONE'S
POSITION MONDAY EVENING, CASTING SUSPICION ON ITS DEEP SOLUTION.
SINCE THE NORTHERN STREAM SHORTWAVE IS FAIRLY WEAK, AND MUCH OF
THE ENERGY WITHIN THE EASTERN TROUGH SHOULD DIVE INTO THE WESTERN
SUBTROPICAL ATLANTIC DOWNSTREAM OF BROAD RIDGING MOVING ACROSS THE
MIDWEST, BELIEVE THE 00Z GFS/18Z GEFS MEAN ARE TOO STRONG. MASS
FIELD-WISE, A COMPROMISE OF THE 00Z ECMWF/00Z UKMET/00Z CANADIAN
IS PREFERRED. FOR QPF PREFERENCES, CONSULT WPC QPF DISCUSSIONS.

i was just thinking the same thing. My thinking is if this first batch of snow is further south which no model had snow this morning down to philly (wonder if it's reaching ground will check and post after) the following batch should be further south too. At this point now casting is the best bet... Let me check obs. From southeast Pa.

I'll spare you the time right now...here in NEPA, we got no precip.

Archived