joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SuperBowl Storm Observations

sferic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow the radar is exploding West of Philly, I'm feeling a huge bust incoming on the positive end.

Nice trend for a possible nice finale. We will have to see if it holds together and keeps tracking NE. It may eventually get pulled more eastward as the coastal low strengthens and begins to pull away. If that is the case NW probably miss out. Regardless a solid event and preformed, at least to my expectations form the past two says, pretty close to what I figured.

Currently flurries 19 / 17. Clean up was not difficult. The snow sleet combo was rather powdery. No cement here. Phew!

Here is another possibility. Are you up the hill towards the Sunken Meadow by any chance? That's around 250 feet. I am at 122 feet. Not much difference, but when I had heavy rain running off at 32 degrees, a few tenths lower could have made some difference.

A few tenths of a degree lower for any reason, could have made a little difference.

Think you may have nailed it Ed. I'm sitting right at the top of the hill 1 block east of the Sag. GPS shows 211' elevation for my station so that could very well be the difference. Never thought of that.

Where in Manhattan are you? Did it just change to snow where you are?

I'm at 55th and 6th. When i looked out the window 10 min ago it was just sleeting. No flakes mixed in.

In Chelsea and it has now gone back to mainly sleet (it's been back and forth for about a half hour)

Archived