Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh. I know the NYC guys are infatuated with the high-res Canadian these days, but that QPF map definitely looks a bit funky. Too wet with fgn banding on the northern end, too dry in the belly of the WAA precip shield.

I personally am only a fan of high resolution with rain in summer. Truth be told, I rarely see them verify in winter

Well, the SREF's look awesome. I mean, they always look awesome but that's because a few members have like 3-4x as much snow as the rest. But this time, the spread is very minimal. The mean is at 6" and the spread, if you remove the two outliers, is basically 4-8". I still don't think we see widespread 6" amounts, but I would feel pretty confident that we don't get shafted this time either.

I work with 2 female "firefighters". For some reason they get highly offended over fireman lol

Just got back from seeing Shaleigh Law at Rambers Rest in Monroe, which was probably the safiest place to be tonight in the Tri-State Region with all of the cops, firemen, and EMS folks there. Props to all of them for keeping us safe, great show too by the way and perfect for the St Patricks Season. In weather news, currently sitting at 1, hoping to get another below zero low IMBY.

The ukmet and a few gfs ensemble members amplify that wave along the frontal boundary post "cutter".. ukmet really hammers POU. With the magnitude of the thermal gradient and the upper-level energy rounding the trough it's certainly something to keep an eye on.

Just got back from seeing Shaleigh Law at Rambers Rest in Monroe, which was probably the safiest place to be tonight in the Tri-State Region with all of the cops, firemen, and EMS folks there. Props to all of them for keeping us safe, great show too by the way and perfect for the St Patricks Season. In weather news, currently sitting at 1, hoping to get another below zero low IMBY.

Was supposed to go, friend bailed on me .

Damn, my brother bailed but I was still there with my son and my buddy. We should have a GTG at one of their shows, LOL.

I worked with one of the guys from the band a couple years back for a bit, really great guys. Havent seen them in a few years now, but used to go to their shows in woodlawn and yonkers a lot lol. They play at the Irish Fest up in Durham every year, that would be one hell of a gtg lol

I worked with one of the guys from the band a couple years back for a bit, really great guys. Havent seen them in a few years now, but used to go to their shows in woodlawn and yonkers a lot lol. They play at the Irish Fest up in Durham every year, that would be one hell of a gtg lol

Not sure if you saw I edited my post but Im pretty sure you were the one who turned me onto this band years ago. Now I know why. My uncle worked in Wooflawn when he retired too

Not sure if you saw I edited my post but Im pretty sure you were the one who turned me onto this band years ago. Now I know why. My uncle worked in Wooflawn when he retired too

Didnt see the edit, but yeah, i think i posted Christmas In New York at dbm a few years back ?

You know it's almost spring when a 2-4" snowfall thread only has 17 pages as the storm is about to get underway. I think we had a couple of 30 page threads for what ended up being squalls with a cold frontal passage this winter.

Just started to snow lightly here. My low was 1.2 degrees. Second day this week that I narrowly missed a below zero min.

We should definitely consider a gtg since the thread has so many active members now. Maybe before summer and many of us begin our hibernation until November  :sizzle:

Yep, steady lt snow here too with instant accumulation.

4-6 for up here looks about right. Hopefully it's over by ~2am so they have time to take care of the main roads and the commute isn't too screwed in the morning.

Im considering staying at my parents house tonight, living at the top of a hill isnt much fun after the snow stops and i have to be somewhere. Curious to see what the schools do here, i cant take Frozen again if the kids stay home...

Im considering staying at my parents house tonight, living at the top of a hill isnt much fun after the snow stops and i have to be somewhere. Curious to see what the schools do here, i cant take Frozen again if the kids stay home...

My kids have moved on to Big Hero 6. Have you seen it? Actually a pretty good movie. Definitely better than Frozen on repeat.

My kids have moved on to Big Hero 6. Have you seen it? Actually a pretty good movie. Definitely better than Frozen on repeat.

I put that on the ipad for my drive to lake placid last week lol...my son seemed to like it but hasnt watched it since. Hes still thoroughly entrenched in minecraft. Ugh

Archived